About the Opportunity
At StellaService, our mission is to help companies create value from every service interaction. We provide solutions that transform the way companies measure, optimize and monetize the performance of their front-line staff. Founded in 2010, StellaService is headquartered in New York City and has raised over $35 million in funding. With two high performing products available, StellaMetrics and StellaConnect, we need your help in adding more - using Elixir specifically.
We are seeking engineers with an existing aptitude for Elixir development, or aptitude with a variety of other languages in production environments and strong desire to add Elixir to their repertoire.
You should be proficient in TDD, to help us build and scale our several interconnected services. You will be part of a fast-paced, passionate and dedicated team tasked with growing StellaService at a rapid rate. Ideal candidates will have a passion for building excellent products, implementing useful new technologies and building stable systems that scale.
- Several years of production development experience - we are looking for engineers with proven aptitude
- Frameworks: Phoenix, React, other RESTful or GraphQL based Web Services
- Database design, architecture and migrations
- Experience with containerized services, Docker
- Unix/Linux experience is required
- Entrepreneurial, passionate, easy to work with, comfortable in a small, fast-paced, agile startup environment
- Play a pivotal role in the development of a completely new Elixir-based product
- You will be deploying code on a small engineering team
Nice to have
- From the Devops side, exposure or experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with NLP and text analytics - some ML experience or interest would be pertinent
- Some experience with functional programming
- Solid understanding of HTTP based applications and limitations, OOP
- Data visualization
- HTML5 knowledge
- Strong UI sense – don't have to be a whiz with the paint and crayons, but strong sane opinions based on previous UI experience is what we're after
- API development and documentation
- NoSQL experience, ElasticSearch particularly
What will make you a standout candidate
- Show us your Github
- Share your Stack Overflow profile
- Find a way to show us the code and flows behind the most interesting work you have done
Compensation & Perks
Competitive cash comp + bonus; stock options; full (and might I add, excellent) health, dental and vision insurance benefits; gym stipend; unlimited vacation; much much more!
Meet Some of StellaService's Employees
Co-founder, SVP Global Sales & Services
As a co-founder, John has many responsibilities, one of which is acquiring new clients and new customers for Stella Connect, a product that helps drive and motivate frontline staff employees.
Back to top