Associate General Counsel
About the Opportunity
At StellaService, we help companies grow through better service. Our suite of software and data solutions include employee engagement tools, real-time customer feedback surveys, and objective performance measurement across online and in-store channels. Together, these solutions enable companies to build brand equity, increase customer advocacy and drive sales.
We are looking to bring on our first in-house attorney for the role of Associate General Counsel. This role will identify, communicate, and manage the risk profile for the entire organization. This position will work closely with the senior leadership across all functions helping to drive and implement overall business strategy. You are a self-starter that is comfortable working in a fast-paced, high growth environment. You are excited about being exposed to new areas and possess the ability to quickly get up to speed on multiple subject matters. You have a superior ability to influence senior management to understand and take appropriate levels of risk to ensure successful business outcomes.
- Create, review, implement, and improve existing commercial contracts to support the entire product suite both domestically and internationally
- Own the drafting, revisions, and negotiations of all commercial contracts with existing and prospective customers, strategic partners, and distributors
- Review vendor agreements across all departments
- Serve as key legal advisor on all major business transactions
- Assume ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Manages all outside counsel
- Identifies and protects all company’s IP
- Helps support HR on any employment law related matters
- Understand, communicate, and ensure compliance with all data privacy laws pertaining to the company’s products
- Manage all other general corporate legal matters and maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal laws across all areas
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and license to practice in New York State
- 3 to 5 years of overall experience practicing law with a combination of time spent at a mid to large sized firm and in-house experience (technology, internet or start-up space a plus)
- Strong contract drafting and negotiating skills
- Possess experience and/or knowledge of general corporate matters including IP, data privacy, and employment law
- Proven ability to identify and manage business and legal risks
- Capacity to work independently and take on increasing responsibilities
- Possess timely reasoned legal decision making that supports the overall company strategy
- Ability to identify, communicate and mitigate business and legal risks
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and writing skills
Compensation & Perks
Competitive cash comp + bonus; stock options; full (and might I add, excellent) health, dental and vision insurance benefits; gym stipend; unlimited vacation; much much more!
StellaService is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Meet Some of StellaService's Employees
Co-founder, SVP Global Sales & Services
As a co-founder, John has many responsibilities, one of which is acquiring new clients and new customers for Stella Connect, a product that helps drive and motivate frontline staff employees.
Back to top