Video Platform Engineer
As the world's leading sports data and technology company, STATS powers sports. We are trusted by more than 800 clients around the globe to enhance fan engagement and maximize team performance by analyzing sports data from more than 100,000 games a year with unrivaled speed and accuracy. We power sports on and off the field through data feeds, video analysis, sports content and research, player tracking through STATS SportVU®, and customizable digital solutions.
For more information, go to www.stats.com and follow STATS on Twitter @STATS_Insights.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to all aspects of the video pipeline and services under the team's ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services
- Improve internal team processes by keeping what's working and throwing away what's not
- Collaborate on the vision of the services under the team's ownership
- Build technology the right way; for us, this means simple, well-tested services and tools that gradually grow over time, and that provide plenty of insight into production usage and performance
- Help other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring
- Create unit and acceptance tests, in collaboration with the Quality Assurance team
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years' experience designing and implementing web and cloud-based media applications
- Candidate must have experience programming with open-source media tools such as ffmpeg, gstreamer, CUDA or vlc, with detailed understanding of how these can be used in high-volume media architectures
- Good diagnostic, analytical, design and communication skills
- Experience with networking protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, RTP, and/or RTMP
- Ability to optimize smooth playback and streaming of video under varying network conditions
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems
- Bachelor's or Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related experience
Who We Are:
The values at STATS mirror those of foundationally great teams and franchises. Our objective is to win through effort, creativity, team-work and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following: Be All-In, Put the Fan at the Center, Get Stuff Done, It's Your Team, Make an Impact, and Fearless Integrity. We want employees that crave responsibility, accountability and want to have fun working in a collaborative, Get Stuff Done environment.
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It's Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are driven and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you're excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and others accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Back to top