Software Engineer (Java)
- Katowice, Poland
REVOLUTIONIZE SPORTS THROUGH AI
Stats Perform brings unmatched depth and breadth of data, sports research, news and video content, and unrivaled AI-powered solutions to sports media and broadcasters, technology companies, global brands, sportsbooks, teams and leagues, and fantasy providers.
Job Title:Software Engineer
Reports To (title):Software Engineering Team Leader
Hours of Work:40
Line Management Responsibility:NO
WHAT'S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
For Stats Perform to have best widgets, apps, feeds and sites and be ahead of our competitors in the sports data and information market, we implement API that gives customers a consistent, yet flexible way around getting rich, stored in-house data for Soccer and more. Data contains detailed information about events that happened during live games. Such rich dataset is a good starting point for countless possibilities of new data that might be calculated, transformed, enriched and, in the end, provided to the end customer.
As Software Engineer you will be responsible for building complete backend system responsible for receiving and processing sport data and sending it to our API. To produce our Feeds we use:
- Oracle DB
- ELK Stack
- Spring Boot based Java Services
to ensure that our clients receive correct data in consistent and tailor-made way. Focusing not only on the delivery of new features, you will be an active member of a SCRUM team and have power to create their own internal processes. In sync with day-to-day work, as we are going to provide a possibility for development and self-improvement, it's expected to not only assure proper quality but also look into how things can be done easier or approached better.
A successful candidate will have an experience in launching successful customer-facing services, technical ability, solid communication skills, desire to work in a fast-paced agile environment and a passion for building a world-class entertainment experience aligned to industry's best practices.
HERE'S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Together with the rest of the team you will deliver a system that is able to provide access to sports data
- Deliver high quality, robust and testable code adhering to internal engineering procedures, code conventions and development methodologies
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation that supports high quality
- Monitor system performance and resolve any issues or failures in multiple environments
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience in Java : Practical knowledge of Java 8 language including constructions, data structures, generic types, multi-threaded programming, real time computing
- Practical knowledge of Spring Framework, Spring Integration and enterprise integration patterns, understanding key concepts, common annotations, configuration issues
- Knowledge of XML, JSON
- Experience with message brokers (preferably RabbitMQ)
- Experience with unit testing (JUnit, Spock)
- English language skills
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- Experience with NoSQL databases (preferably Elasticsearch)
- Knowledge of developer's role in SCRUM environment
- Solid experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts (ie. Jenkins)
- Knowledge of Akamai
- Experience in integration testing
HERE'S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
Stats Perform collects the richest sports data in the world and transforms it through revolutionary artificial intelligence (AI) to unlock the most in-depth insights for media and technology, betting and team performance. With company roots dating back almost 40 years, Stats Perform embraces and solves the dynamic nature of sport - be that for digital and broadcast media with differentiated storytelling, tech companies with reliable and fast data to power their own innovations, sportsbooks with in-play betting and integrity services, or teams with first-of-its-kind AI analysis software. As the leading sports data and AI company, Stats Perform works with most of the top global sports broadcast companies, tech companies, sportsbooks, teams and leagues.
THE BENEFITS YOU WILL ENJOY WHEN YOU JOIN WILL INCLUDE...
- Time for self-development at work
- Internal Workshops
- Senior Working Groups
- Private medical healthcare program
- Group insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Work from home possibility
- Breakfasts and fruits throughout the week
- "Need-Break" Room with PlayStation and table soccer
And there's more...... you'll have access to our online learning portal and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding 'Refer a Friend' scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Back to top