Senior Software Engineer
As the world's leading sports data and technology company, STATS powers sports. We are trusted by more than 800 clients around the globe to enhance fan engagement and maximize team performance by analyzing sports data from more than 100,000 games a year with unrivaled speed and accuracy. We power sports on and off the field through data feeds, video analysis, sports content and research, player tracking through STATS SportVU®, and customizable digital solutions.
For more information, go to www.stats.com and follow STATS on Twitter @STATS_Insights.
What You'll Do:
• Contribute to all aspects of the services under the team's ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services
• Improve internal team processes by keeping what's working, throwing away what's not
• Collaborate on the vision of the services under the team's ownership
• Build technology the right way; for us, this means simple, well-tested services and tools that gradually grow over time, and that provide plenty of insight into production usage and performance
• Help other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring
• Create unit and acceptance tests, in collaboration with the Quality Assurance team Skills & Requirements
What You'll Bring:
• 5+ years of relevant software development experience that includes Oracle or other relational databases
• Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving, OO Design, TDD, and system architecture)
• Proven ability to carry a feature from start to finish; including prototypes, design specifications, constructive coding, unit testing, and bug fixing
• Good diagnostic, analytical, design and communication skills
• Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems
• Expertise in Java or C#
• Experience building and designing highly scalable services, and RESTful API's that power real-time and non-real-time data pipelines
• Experience with SOA architectures and distributed systems
• Experience with Agile or XP development processes
• Bachelor's or Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related experience
• Experience building event-driven or message-driven architecture using tools like RabbitMQ and Kafka
• Experience working with Apache Storm, Apache Spark or other open-source big data technologies
• Experience with MongoDB, Redis or other NoSQL databases
• Experience with Atlassian suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
• Experience with CI/CD workflows
• Experience with Python scripting
• Experience with Node.js microservice development
Who We Are:
Our values at STATS mimic those of foundationally great team franchises. We have ambition to win through effort, creativity, teamwork and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following: Be All-In, Put the Fan at the Center, Get Stuff Done, It's Your Team, Make an Impact, and Fearless Integrity. We look for candidates that crave responsibility, accountability and want to have fun working in a collaborative GSD environment.
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It's Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator, and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are a driven and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you're excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and other accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Meet Some of STATS's Employees
Principal Product Designer
Andrew analyzes user behavior data to determine product designs that are engaging and easy to use for sports fans around the world.
Back to top