As the world's leading sports data and technology company, STATS powers sports. We are trusted by more than 800 clients around the globe to enhance fan engagement and maximize team performance by analyzing sports data from more than 100,000 games a year with unrivaled speed and accuracy. We power sports on and off the field through data feeds, video analysis, sports content and research, player tracking through STATS SportVU®, and customizable digital solutions.
For more information, go to www.stats.com and follow STATS on Twitter @STATS_Insights.
What You'll Do:
- Draft, edit and negotiate agreements and technology transactions for the licensing of data, software, hardware, analytics, and the provision of related services with large customers, including professional sports clubs and leagues, as well as companies in the technology, digital media, and broadcast media spaces, globally
- Analyze contracts for compliance with insurance programs and communicate with insurance brokers on all internal insurance claims, questions, and requests
- Provide legal advice and risk management advice to internal clients on business matters
- Review and edit non-disclosure agreements
- Review employment contracts, independent contractor agreements and experience analyzing employment issues
What You'll Need:
- A JD from an accredited law school with a license to practice in IL or other US States
- 5+ years of experience in a law firm or in-house setting
- Experience working with IP or working to develop in-house patent program
- Experience with GDPR and data privacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a communicative, highly-responsive, legal team
Who We Are:
The values at STATS mirror those of foundationally great teams and franchises. Our objective is to win through effort, creativity, team-work and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following: Be All-In, Put the Fan at the Center, Get Stuff Done, It's Your Team, Make an Impact, and Fearless Integrity. We want employees that crave responsibility, accountability and want to have fun working in a collaborative, Get Stuff Done environment.
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It's Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are driven and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you're excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and others accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Back to top