Director of Professional Services
As the world's leading sports data and technology company, STATS powers sports. We are trusted by more than 800 clients around the globe to enhance fan engagement and maximize team performance by analyzing sports data from more than 100,000 games a year with unrivaled speed and accuracy. We power sports on and off the field through data feeds, video analysis, sports content and research, player tracking through STATS SportVU®, and customizable digital solutions.
For more information, go to www.stats.com and follow STATS on Twitter @STATS_Insights.
Who You Are:
STATS is looking for a Director of Professional Services to lead the services function for our organization. You'll oversee the team responsible for aftermarket services, custom deliverables, additional value-added services, as well as manage our network of vendors associated with delivering services. You'll be responsible for time-to-delivery, managing the backlog, service gross margin, and ensuring productive utilization.
We're looking for someone with experience in growth-oriented enterprise software in product strategy, professional services, program management, or business development, with demonstrated experience in scoping and delivering innovative solutions to address business challenges. If you're results-oriented, self-driven, willing to work with ambiguity, have a "can-do" attitude and thrive at building cross-organization relationships to accomplish program and organizational goals, you're the type of person we're looking for in this role.
What You'll Do:
- Define and implement STATS' Professional Services strategy, while leading the function
- Focus on solution design, project scoping and management, and service profitability
- Actively manage performance against revenue and profitability targets; maintain control of project schedules, budget and risks, managing risk areas to ensure targets are achieved
- Identify new opportunities for Professional Services in the market to solve customer needs and create new revenue streams
- Develop business cases and collaborate with Product Management to launch new offerings and drive revenue creation
- Ensure adequate level of resources, including 3 rd parties, in place to meet customer needs and sales demands taking responsibility for maximizing team utilization and resolving deployment issues
- Plan for team resourcing needs and manage and track team utilization and billable dollars to proactively address any issues to ensure team meets revenue and profitability targets
- Interface effectively with individuals at all levels and across all functions of the organization
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's Degree or MBA preferred
- 8+ years' experience in Professional Services or Consulting
- 3+ years' of management experience
- Success scaling a Professional Services organization within a high growth organization
- Experience with agile project management, agile software product development methodologies and with Software as a Service deployment models
- Strong project management skills
- An ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently, ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery
- Proven expertise in devising and implementing processes and programs that improve efficiency and productivity, and directly contribute to the bottom-line
- Depth of experience in the support and delivery of complex data and/or application product portfolios, involving the management and coordination of distributed resources
- Experience drafting proposals and SOW's
- Superior technical acumen and credibility with the ability to move seamlessly between big picture leadership and hands-on involvement in the product development process
- Strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Who We Are:
The values at STATS mirror those of foundationally great teams and franchises. Our objective is to win through effort, creativity, team-work and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following: Be All-In, Put the Fan at the Center, Get Stuff Done, It's Your Team, Make an Impact, and Fearless Integrity. We want employees that crave responsibility, accountability and want to have fun working in a collaborative, Get Stuff Done environment.
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It's Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are driven and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you're excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and others accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Back to top