Undergraduate Macro Strategy 13 Months Internship-London
- London, United Kingdom
Who we are looking for
Placement opportunities are available within the Macro Strategy team - part of the Global Markets division. This is State Streets' research, FX trading and securities lending business. Our goal is to enhance and preserve portfolio values for our clients through original research proprietary portfolio and risk management technologies.
This placement will involve supporting the Macro Strategy team in producing high quality research publications for our institutional clients. You also will work very closely with the members of the macro team across the globe and the sales and trading teams.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
In the role ofUndergraduate Macro Strategy 13 Months Internship - State Street - London-you will be responsible for:
- Creating and updating weekly client requests -50%
- Supporting the team in managing and updating documents - 20%
- Produce a daily document to be sent out to the American Sales and trading team and clients updating them on current market events - 10%
- Manage the research website and help clients and internal users with any issues - 10%
- Ad-hoc tasks - producing charts for publications and the wider sales team -10%
What we value
- Deadline- and detail-oriented; ability to work in a fast-paced structured and team-based environment as well as the ability to work independently
- Professionalism dependability and trustworthiness
- Strong interest and competency in global financial markets
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a drive for success
- Ability to identify problems and explore solutions
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A minimum 2.1 honours degree or equivalent (predicted)
- Candidate must be an undergraduate student studying a four year course including a year in industry
- Candidate should be completing an undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance, or Mathematics
- A-level mathematics is preferred
- Demonstrated experience of using Excel, Word and PowerPoint.Experience using MSFT Excel with VBA preferred
- Enthusiasm for learning and commitment to development with an understanding of existing strengths and potential barriers to success
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong verbal written and interpersonal communication skills
- To apply you must be an undergraduate and able to start your placement in early July2021 and remain in the position for 13 months. (Please note that you must be intending to return to university to finish your degree after the placement
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Back to top