Who we are looking for:
Under the supervision of a Leader, the Dealing Intern is the focal point for the day-to-day administration of the Dealing department. The Intern works closely with the administrators and Leader ensuring that all transactions, payments, reports, quality control and queries are dealt with efficiently, accurately and professionally.
The Intern is an integral part of ensuring that quality service is delivered to assigned clients and all actions must be considered as part of this overall goal. Achieving quality of service is a team effort and the Intern needs to function at all times as a team player.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Dealing Intern, you will:
- Complete all shareholder transactions accurately and efficiently
- Complete all shareholder payments accurately and efficiently
- Provide support for outsourced services
- Prepare and deliver accurate reports in a timely manner to an agreed distribution list
- Respond to shareholder queries in a timely manner
- Maintain excellent records of all back up involved in any particular work item
- Adhere to standard operation procedures and controls Have a clear understanding of responsibilities and operational processes
- Recognize the importance of accuracy and be meticulous with detail
- Participate in the collection of back up as required by internal and external auditors
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, analyse and escalate problems whilst sharing potential solutions
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Planning and organization
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Pursuing Bachelor Degree in banking or Financial service industry
- Good communication
- Fluent in English (written and oral) and one other European language. Other European languages are considered advantageous.
- Good computer skills (MS Office: Excel, Word and Outlook)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
As part of State Street pre-hire background screening process, we apply a risk-based approach to determine the requirement of carrying out such checks on candidates, including criminal record checks. This role is judged to be sufficiently sensitive to warrant carrying out a criminal record check. By applying for this job you are consenting to State Street completing background checks including criminal record checks.