Charles River Development focuses intently on delivering market leading and feature rich technology wrapped in an exceptional client service experience. Reporting to the CEO of CRD, the Global Head of Product & Product Marketing is a senior-level role providing leadership to CRD's technical product strategy and marketing. This person is responsible for identification, development, marketing and execution of an overall product roadmap inclusive of the integration with the overall Alpha Platform Strategy. Internally, this role will lead product management teams, collaborate with the other CRD department heads, specifically the Head of Engineering, to drive product progress and Sales to drive market and client acceptance. Externally it is expected that this role will interface with clients and market participants to inform and drive product requirements and strategy. Utimately, this person must ensure our products are compelling and demonstrate value to our customers and the market.
The Global Head of Product & Product Marketing will have the following responsibilities:
• Establish the product organization with clear roles and responsibilities that focus on value differentiation for priority products, and work in conjunction and alignment with the Alpha Platform Stratetgy. Partner with other product departmental leaders in Alpha and across State Street to align and execute product strategies and ensure that each department receives the right level of support.
• Responsible for overseeing the innovation and improvement of the business's product as well as the day-to-day product activities in such a way that ensures that the product is constantly growing to suit the consumers' needs.
• Establish the process for understanding and evaluating products from a market, technical, financial and commercial perspective, allowing for effective investment decisions, prioritization and commercialization.
• Implement an effective product management governance framework ensuring appropriate planning, coordination, and product effectiveness assessments. Establish the process for evaluating the efficacy of priority products in the market and in support of our client, geographic and front to back strategy.
• Articulate an end to end product road map. Identify and prioritize areas of focus. These areas generally promote innovation and can help seed the next generation of products.
• Leads effort to prepare overall product positioning including literature, placement strategy, and pricing models.
• Establish key metrics for evaluating effectiveness against objectives, including performance versus competitive offerings.
• Partner with Development, Sales and Client management to create forums internally and with clients to encourage idea sharing and innovation.
• Manage product offerings and review business cases for investments in product technology and commercialization.
• Ensures effective partnership with the Training function in the development of internal training to turn over new functionality to sales, service, and support resources.
• Understand the market, competitive forces and client direction.
• Represents Charles River as a thought leader in the business domain through speaking engagements, press interviews, and byline articles.
Serves as the leadership point of contact with overall responsibility for Product Managemet and Product Marketing gloabally. This includes direct line leadership to resources in North America and matrixed responsibility with resources in all other regions. This requires close partnership to drive consistency, effectiveness, and efficiency across these regions. Additionally, this role is responsible for setting organizational standards, budget oversight, defining metrics for measuring the business, and any other aspects that drive overall function effectiveness.
As evidenced by a successful track record of growing a global P&L, this individual will demonstrate a passion to achieve stretch service, quality, and delivery goals. S/he will have proven execution skills and experience setting and achieving aggressive targets.
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker capable of developing an effective vision to facilitate the organization's growth objective. S/he will have the financial acumen, global perspective, insightful judgment and appropriate risk appetite to develop a vision for the firm.
Client Focused Leadership:
Possessing a client/customer service orientation toward internal and external parties, he/she will have acted as an advisor to and proactively developed relationships with a variety of internal and external constituencies. Importantly, he/she must be able to work with a diverse group and establish good strategic relationships with internal and external clients. S/he will have executive presence and savvy and will be able to interact effectively with clients and senior leaders at CRD and State Street.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a proven track record of building and leading a high quality teams and instilling in them a performance orientation, engaging and inspiring in them a sense of shared purpose and the collective skill sets needed to deliver stretch goals. This executive must be someone who actively empowers the team to identify and solve problems while providing necessary support and helping them develop to their full potential. He/she must possess strong listening skills and an empathetic orientation to understand issues and messages, and have a record of bringing people together across boundaries to achieve greater results and affect significant change.