Senior Technical Support Specialist
- Irvine, CA
Who we are looking for
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is motivated by an opportunity to participate in an organization's transformation journey of IT systems, infrastructure and end user support. We are looking for an individual who has the technical skills, intellectual capability and communication skills to support a team of Executives and business leaders. As part of our Executive Support Team you must be able to provide technical support under tight timelines and in pressure situations. This is a unique position that requires a high level of technical skills across multiple end user platforms, superior communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to build and foster relationships. This position also requires a drive for continuous improvement and always striving to improve the support provided.
What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Technical Support Specialist to the Executive team you will
- Support the Executive suite and most senior leaders of the company
- Liaison with other support functions and IT management
- Develop and continually enhance end user support strategies
- Provide senior stakeholder reports and metrics to represent performance output against customer support expectations
- Develop and foster a deep understanding of the habits and needs of supported personnel
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- 8 - 10 years of experience with Desktop Support Services, Citrix, VDI, Windows/PC and mobile computing devices.
- Excellent leadership and people skills
- Experience working with senior executives and in financial trading environments interacting with front office revenue generating groups and understanding of market data
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating Systems and productivity software (MS Office)
- Ability to simplify complex things for wider understanding
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Must be self-motivated with a knack for learning new technologies, possess analytical and troubleshooting skills, and thrive in high-pressure dynamic environments
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or IT related field is preferred
- Experience in the financial service industry
- Technical certifications are a plus
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Back to top