Who we are looking for
We are looking for a lawyer to join the Global Contracts Legal team in Gdansk, Poland. In this role you will provide legal support to State Street's global business units and corporate functions, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex agreements, supporting key Legal Department initiatives and providing related legal support services.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Legal Specialist you will be
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements governed by the laws of various global jurisdictions (e.g., Australia, England, United States), in particular foreign exchange and other derivatives contracts, agreements supporting global custody and administrative services product offerings, global markets product agreements; and non-disclosure agreements (NDAs);
- Working with internal legal and business colleagues to address various legal and corporate initiatives and resolving legal issues;
- Handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with careful legal analysis and attention to detail;
- Exercising sound legal and business judgment in dealing with clients and colleagues;
- Acting as a trusted adviser to State Street business units.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong problem-solving and technical legal analysis skills
- Very good legal and business English language skills
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative culture that values teamwork and inclusivity
- Ability to build positive and wide-ranging working relationships with colleagues, including the ability to appropriately challenge and offer an alternative point of view
- Ability to provide practical guidance to assist business in contract negotiations
- Good time management, prioritization, planning, and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn new areas of law
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Law school graduate (attorney-at-law license in any jurisdiction is a plus);
- Three (3) years or more of experience in a law firm or in-house legal department, preferably within financial services sector and/or international law firm or international company.
- Flexible working hours (subject to the existing business needs)
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home (subject to existing business needs)
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers