Senior Java Architect, Vice President
- New York, NY
Who we are looking for
We are hiring a Senior Java Architect to join our team. Currenex is a market-leading technology provider offering the FX community high-performance technology and deep pools of liquidity for anonymous and disclosed trade execution.
What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Java Architect, you will
- You will focus on developing core server components and APIs for our trading platform with some opportunities for full-stack development.
- You will work closely with your feature team, other dev teams, product management, QA and support through the full development lifecycle.
- You will work on challenging problems in a collaborative atmosphere and you will be supported by experienced peers and expected to write clean, maintainable, and performant code.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- You possess excellent understanding of Java
- You have deep understanding of all stages of the development lifecycle
- You show commitment to writing clean, well-tested, code- interest in high performance, distributed applications
- You have excellent object-oriented design skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent on-the-job education
- Architect level candidates must possess 10+ years of experience demonstrating strong low latency Java expertise
- Expertise writing high frequency trading applications a big plus
- Comfort working in a Linux environment
- Experience with high performance, distributed applications
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Back to top