Senior Frontend Developer, AVP
- Krakow, Poland
Who we are looking for:
Senior Frontend Developer will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of Charles River Development's Web Framework components and build Web First UIs as a senior member of an agile scrum team. Responsible for providing engineering troubleshooting assistance to customer support teams and other development teams within Charles River.
What you will be responsible for:
- Work under minimal supervision to analyze, design, develop, test, and debug small to medium software enhancements and solutions within Charles River's business and technical problem domains
- Collaborate with UI/UX Designers, Business Analysts and Product Managers to turn moderately complex business requirements into working and sustainable software
- Participate in the design of UI Frameworks
- Provide thoughtful insight and suggestions in code reviews
- Write unit and automation tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Contribute to written design and API documentation, and participate in customer documentation process
- Conduct manual tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Actively participate in the agile software development process by adhering to and advancing the CRD scrum methodology, including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Participate in cross-team group activities to complete assignments
- 4 to 7 years of progressively responsible professional software engineering experience preferably in a financial services product delivery setting
- 2 to 5 years of experience in financial services developing solutions for Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management is strongly desired
- BS/BA/BFA (or foreign education equivalent) in Design, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction or other applicable degrees required. MS/MA/MFA strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with modern web frameworks such as Angular (must have), React and Vue (nice to have)
- Able to contribute to complex design specs with some assistance from senior staff
- Able to work on small to medium projects with little to no supervision and on more complex tasks with moderate oversight
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well with peers in a collaborative team environment
- A minimum of 5 years working with an Agile development methodology strongly desired
What We Offer:
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- Multisport card/cinema tickets / money transfer
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
Back to top