Who we are looking for
Security Software Engineer responsible for the development of integrated software solutions and process automation. The Security Automation & Process Engineer will drive the implementation of operating improvements and efficiencies across the Corporate Information Security Engineering & Administration organization. The individual in this role will oversee the development of tooling and processes to remediate issues identified in vulnerability management, security engineering, and security administration areas.
What you will be responsible for
- Developing and maintaining systems automation scripts according to specifications from engineering/operations/administration teams
- Developing and maintaining ad-hoc and automated data reporting as needed from databases and vendor systems using vendor tooling or custom automation as appropriate
- Creating and maintaining documentation for technical and administrative functions
- Evolving the framework for system monitoring and develop tooling to automate notifications and generate reporting/metrics
- Providing guidance for scoping complex, cross-organizational projects as needed
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to design and implement solutions that optimize systems and processes
- Proficiency with a scripting language such as Python or Powershell
- Experienced in database configuration and SQL
- Experience with workflow and API development
- Ability to organize and rationalize complex data sets
- Ability to perform light programming tasks using common programming languages such a java
- Familiarity with security, systems, and networking technologies
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of experience in infrastructure (security/systems/network) engineering and/or development
- 3-5 years in technology and/or project management leadership positions
- Experience developing executive-level reporting and communications
- Experience establishing and defining the scope of new teams or functions
- Experience working in large complex environments (financial services a plus)
Why this role is important to us
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers