Managing Director Investor Relations
This position can be located in either Boston or New York City.
Who we are looking for
TheManaging Director(MD) of Investor Relations (IR) Analytics reports to and collaborates with the EVP, Head of IR in developing and executing the global IR strategy. The primary operating objective of the IR program is to educate and inform investors and security analysts about the company's strategy, financials and prospects to achieve a fair valuation relative to its financial services peers.
The MD, IR Analytics position has primary responsibility for qualitative and quantitative financial analysis of State Street and its peers to ensure the IR team and company leaders understand how State Street is positioned to enable the development and communication of strategic advantages to the investment community.
This position will work closely with State Street Financial Planning and Analysis, and other areas of Finance and business units to gather and assimilate information and work to ensure company messaging is analytically driven, transparent and clear. TheMD will also act as a liaison with sell-side analysts and buy side investors as required on financial matters and to gather insights.
What you will be responsible for
As Managing Director of Investor Relations you will:
Create clear and transparent communications regarding the company's vision and strategy for deliveringshareholder value:
- Create value-driver-based investment messages in collaboration with the EVP, Global Head of Investor Relations and the high performing STT IR team.Assist the EVP, Global Head of IR in preparation and development of earnings materials including the earnings press release, earnings presentation, scripts and other preparation materials
- Keep shareholders knowledgeable of State Street's financials, operations and prospects for growth
- Create presentation materials and accompanying preparatory materials for industry conferences and meetings
Direct Competitive Research and Valuation Analysis; generate quantitative analysis of State Street and competitive analysis of financial services peers:
- Analyze State Street's sell-side analyst models in detail and understand street expectations to inform message refinement at quarterly earnings and other Regulation FD events
- Gather competitive intelligence through research efforts and collaboration with other areas of the firm; develop a system to house competitive data and create a dashboard to allow executives access to competitive information quarterly and on as needed basis
- Supervise the preparation of periodic reports regarding the relative stock price performance and valuation of STT and its peers, including insights on industry trends, regulations, emerging issues to watch and other observations and perceptions from a competitive marketplace standpoint
- Direct and gather the collection of information and insights from quarterly earnings reports, conference presentations and other events, and prepare summary reports for the management team on a quarterly and as needed basis.
- Educate State Street leadership, investors and analysts
- Provide analysis and insights to the State Street team on company's competitive position (actual and perceived), strategic advantages, threats and opportunities quarterly and on an as needed basis
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Outstanding financial and investment analysis skills, oral and written communication skills, and presentation ability
- A clear and thorough understanding of the financial modeling techniques used by security analysts to project a company's operating and financial performance and the resulting value for its stock
- A highly ethical individual with a clear and thorough understanding of Regulation FD and all applicable securities rules and regulations is imperative.Must also adhere to all State Street compliance procedures and internal operations risk controls in accordance with all regulatory standards, requirements and policies
- An in-depth understanding of the financial and capital markets and the ability to establish new relationships quickly, both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be a highly collaborative team player, strategic thinker, superior intellect, and an outstanding ability to communicate using these qualities and skills
- Leads his or her own career development
- Remains current on economic, political, regulatory, financial industry regulations, stock market outlook and other topics important to the operations of State Street
- Quick study and ability to learn, in depth, the company's leaders, strategies, operating units/operations, technologies, and financial performance expectations
- An energetic, efficient, flexible and resourceful team player, self-starter and individual contributor with a sense of urgency and an insatiable appetite to learn
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of five-to-seven years of experience in finance, business development, planning and analysis for a public company. Prior investor relations experience highly desired
- College degree, including graduate degree preferred. Other professional designation (CFA, CPA) is highly desirable. Proficiency in Microsoft products, with expertise in Excel and PowerPoint.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Back to top