Who we are looking for
This role will be responsible for leading the Global Infrastructure Linux Operations as part of Production Management organization of 247365, an organization that delivers highly secure, reliable, efficient technology operations services that are focused on the needs of all State Street business. Responsible for Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge and Configuration management for Linux infrastructure platforms.This role will be responsible for the day to day governance of Linux platform operations processes, ensuring all technology SLA's/OLA's are met, driving platform availability. In collaboration with the business, technology peers, and vendor partners, you will ensure that State Street's businesses have optimized services and operations, enabling greater availability, performance and reliability in the delivery of State Street products.
What you will be responsible for
As Global Infrastructure Operations Linux Senior Engineer you will
- Global Management of Linux Operations team members including service providers
- Institute and govern KRI's, KPIs and Metrics related for operational procedures
- SME & Management escalation point of contact for major incidents
- Incident, Change, Knowledge, and Problem Management accountability
- Vendor Governance - SLA, Compliance Review, Contractual Commitment, Service Improvement, etc.
- 24 x 7 x 365 incident escalations.
- Technical Skills: Linux, Veritas, VMWare, VCS, VVR, Solaris, AIX
- Experience in Storage & Network platform
- Resiliency, Stability, and Continuous Service Improvement for platforms
- Cost optimization and simplification for platform
- Capacity & Lifecycle Management of Platforms
- Global standardization - Platform, services, and processes
- Establish high performing onshore, nearshore, and offshore
- Collaborates with Service Delivery, Engineering, ITSM, Architecture, Application teams, Technology vendors, Security, Application support and other infrastructure operations teams to operate resilient, and secure platforms at industry best standards
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Experience in managing global Linux operations team of 247365 in high demanding industry like Banking/Finance for more than 15+ yrs
- Excellent Leadership, Communication and Presentation Skills
- Strong Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Analytical, Collaboration and Decision Making Skills
- Experience in Vendor, Budget, & Project Management
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- RedHat Certified System Engineer (must)
- Certification System Administration - Solaris, AIX
- 5+ years in Technical Leadership role
- 5+ years as L3 Production Support Engineer
- Linux, Solaris, AIX , VMware, Veritas, VCS, VVR, EMC, Hitachi, TSM
- Cloud Experience is plus
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers