Who we are looking for
An individual who is willing to become a leader within the Private Equity and Real Assets Fund Services business unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group.The team comprises of dedicated accounting professionals who are passionate about delivering financial reporting and day-to-day accounting and administrative support to premier PE / RE fund clients.
We are looking for talent who can join this growing team in Atlanta, GA and are passionate about building innovative solutions to revolutionize how State Street services our customers.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions, is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Associate you will be responsible for the preparation, analysis and reporting of investment and fund performance data for global real estate funds and affiliated entities Through continuous communications with clients and business partners, you will manage multiple functions including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining the general ledger for various fund entities
- Preparing supporting work papers for financial statements, portfolio schedules and capital account allocations
- Preparing financial statements and footnote disclosures
- Analytical review of monthly/quarterly investment and fund performance data
- Reviewing and/or preparing of capital calls, distributions and bank reconciliations
- Preparing management, annual and incentive fee calculations
- Preparing various client correspondences
- Calculating waterfalls and capital account allocations
- Ensuring compliance with legal documents
- Maintaining working relationship with all client contacts, auditors, tax, lawyers and banking personnel
- Be part of Special projects as requested
What Do We Need From You?
- A college degree (accounting preferred) and at least 3+ years of general ledger accounting or audit experience
- Advanced Excel skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables, vlookup)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Fund accounting or Public Accounting experience
- CPA or actively pursuing CPA certification
- Experience leading verbal and written communications at senior levels with internal and external clients
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers