Who we are looking for
With immediate effect we are looking for five fixed-term Fund Accountants for 9-12 months to support the Fund Accounting team in Milan. Under the supervision of the team manager, the role is responsible for all the administrative events' management related to the functions assigned to ensure the timely and accurate process of the underlying client's instructions. The role is an integral part of delivering quality service to assigned clients and all actions must be considered as part of this overall goal. Achieving quality of service is a team effort and the role needs to function at all times as a team player.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accountant you will be
- Processing the administrative instructions received
- Following up with client for instructions authorization and ensuring processes are made timely
- Maintaining standard filing of instructions package and reports
- Filling in the daily checklist accordingly with the activities performed
- Maintaining the daily mandate management package
- Preparing standard audit package
- Ensuring that the instructions received are compliant with State Street policy
- Analyzing the instructions exceptions and act accordingly to resolve with the responsible parties in a timely manner
- Monitoring exceptions resolutions and solicit resolutions details to the responsible parties
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to work with high attention to detail, proactively in a team and within a dynamic environment
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues
- Ability to communicate effectively and timely with external counterparties
- Supporting senior colleague's and following/completing their requests
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the flexibility to multitask prescheduled activities and meet deadlines
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ideally successfully completed degree in Finance/Accounting, Business or similar
- Diverse previous experience in an active business environment is beneficial
- Strong MS Office skills, especially with Excel and Word
- Fluency in Italian and English
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at careers.statestreet.com/global/en