Who we are
State Street Global Exchange combines our unique capabilities in data and analytics to better serve our clients and build relationships with new customers. Through information and insights, investment analytics and data solutions, our goal is to help our clients zero in on the opportunities and actions that will generate the most value. We help them decide on a strategy and put it into action. We offer research and advice that give our clients insight into issues shaping their business today. And we offer information and data management plus analytics to help them plot results and manage risk.
Who we are looking for
SSGX is looking for a highly motivated, technical and outspoken professional to act as a product manager and expert for State Street's ESGX product, an analytics platform that provides institutional investor clients with a range of data-driven analytics that illuminate their exposure to Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) factors in their portfolios. The product draws on a range of internal and external data sources including big-data and machine learning-driven analytics.
The successful candidate will have deep subject matter expertise both in ESG and in finance and investment management. The candidate should have experience partnering with technology professionals to maintain analytics and reporting functionality and launch new features.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Global Exchange (SSGX). SSGX is a State Street business unit that provides data and analytics solutions to asset owners and asset managers, as well as banks and insurance companies. Global Exchange helps our clients make more informed investment decisions. Our broad product line provides a consistent way of looking at risk and performance from front to middle office.
Join us if making your mark in research for investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a ESG Quant Analyst/Product Manager, you will
- Represent the product vision and capabilities, respond to questions, and formulate business proposals
- Act as product owner of an agile team for new ESG product development and enhancement
- Maintain and develop relationships with both internal stakeholders and external clients
- Multi-task, prioritize, communicate and execute in a timely fashion
- Monitor performance and resolve production/UAT issues in a reasonable time
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Demonstrate ownership and management of project-related deliverables
- Be team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Have excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Be proactive approach to problem solving while executing in a fast-paced environment
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years professional experience in the financial services industry with a focus on analytics and/or ESG product management or ESG in an investment management context
- Familiar with agile framework and close interaction with development teams
- Comfortable with SQL and experience working with large datasets
- Working knowledge of common data vendors (i.e. Bloomberg, S&P, Factset etc.)
- Bachelors/Master's degree in business, information technology, quant finance or related field of study
- Desired if prior knowledge of Trucost, Baringa and other ESG vendor datasets and stress testing methodologies
Flexibility and ability to travel
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers