State Street Global Advisors
State Street Global Advisors is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, with a heritage dating back over two centuries. With over $3.4 trillion in assets under management, SSGA offers one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. The firm's investment culture is built on experience and skill that each of its more than 500 investment professionals and over 2,500 employees around the world bring to every client relationship. SSGA commands a truly global presence with 22 offices and 11 investment centers across 5 continents with its global headquarters located in Boston.
SSGA's ESG Team
With approximately $460 billion in global ESG assets and 30+ years of experience, SSGA is one of the leading institutional providers of ESG solutions in the marketplace today. SSGA provides dedicated ESG products and strategies, research, thought leadership, and implementation guidance demonstrating the firm's commitment to providing both comprehensive and focused ESG solutions to clients. SSGA's ESG Investing team is made up of strategists, researchers and product designers that have a specialized ESG background.
- Engage with clients as the primary client facing ESG expert
- Represent SSGA's ESG investment capabilities with clients, across investments/research, investment strategies, and reporting/analytics
- Guide clients as they advance along their ESG journey-ranging from the basics, such as education of ESG investment styles; to understanding evolving reporting regulations; to partnering with clients to develop bespoke ESG solutions to address their needs
- Serve as subject matter expert on ESG industry policies and regulations, staying attuned to the evolving landscape and any related implications for SSGA's ESG efforts.
- Be conversant across all of SSGA's ESG investment products. This includes ESG specific products, as well as the ESG philosophies of the various investment teams
- Partner with the Institutional Client Group to build and advance the ESG pipeline; identify high priority ESG opportunities and design a plan of engagement with these clients
- Collaborate with ESG partners strong relationships across the organization, including global ESG peers, investments, sales, regulatory, marketing and product teams
- Oversee ESG RFPs/DDQs process. Provide input as a subject matter expert, as well as ensure answers are accurate, up-to-date, and consistent
- Contribute to our ESG thought leadership platform and help shape the research agenda on salient ESG topics and trends
- Represent SSGA at key ESG industry events and conferences
Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in investment management, with experience in ESG investing/research and knowledge of ESG regulatory frameworks
- Significant experience in a client facing role, with strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly developed team player who works well cross-functionally, as well as understand the complexities of a large, global organization.
- Self-starter, motivated and driven to succeed; someone who will thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial team environment and is results oriented
- Significant travel may be required
- Degree in Finance, Economics or similar field.