Equity Trader, State Street Global Advisors - Vice President
- Hong Kong
Who we are looking for
We need someone who will be eligible for equity and futures dealing. Currency dealing would be beneficial. .
The role will focus on Equity trading, but will have functional opportunities in Currency, and Derivatives. Vice President level
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you seek.
What you will be responsible for
As Equity Trader, Vice President you will
- Working within a highly-experienced Trading team locally and globally, managing operational risk and all execution responsibilities across an Asia-Pacific asset base of c.$350bn and a global one of $4.0tn. The desk faces off to a global platform of Portfolio Managers and client-facing teams
- Exposure to different trading styles, from Passive Equity to Active, Fundamental and Quant; take responsibility for a number of trading books, either by market or investment style
- To grow into a leadership position, potentially with oversight for people/teams
- Manage broker relationships and environment around measurement, forming solutions for future workflow, platforms and execution approaches
- Manage internal stakeholder relationships, driving trading agenda in order to enhance investment performance and improve client relationships, e.g. PM and strategy groups, Compliance/Legal
- Satisfying external regulatory obligations, internal control and oversight requirements
- Client responsibilities towards RFPs/RFIs, taking direct responsibility for demonstrating State Street Global Advisors' key strengths and performance indicators
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Sufficient executive presence and leadership capabilities,
- Ability to be self-starter and build own/upgrade existing workflows
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong experience of markets, products and platforms, ideal tenure of 10 years+
- Appropriate vocational, technical and degree-level educational background
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Back to top