Digital Product Manager ,Vice President
- Boston, MA
Who we are looking for
STT Digital is looking for a candidate to support on the product management activity in for digital services. The candidate will lead product development and drive the strategic direction of digital assets for State Street. The candidate will support evolving ideas into pilots, and eventually products for clients. The candidate will work across functions and collaborate with different teams across the firm to deliver products for STT Digital.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world. Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Product Manager you will
- Conduct market research and competitive intelligence to observe trends or signs of change, related to digital assets in capital markets
- Research offerings in the Crypto and Digital Assets, including evaluating new entrants as well as product offerings from Financial and Capital Markets firms
- Meet and coordinate with internal stakeholders to study and build use case for distributed ledger technology (DLT)
- Prepare high level business cases and market opportunity analysis as it relates to the topics above
- Participate in ideation sessions including brainstorming supporting the Digital team
- Deliver and manage products related to digital assets by working with different product teams across the firm
- Assist with evolving the strategic thinking around digital assets services by performing research into this space and helping with building business cases.
- Help with evaluating market evolution and competitive intelligence around areas of interest
- Help raise the profile of State Street as an innovator in the market through suggesting new ways to gain mind share from the market
- Raise the profile of the team internally to help channel good ideas into products and services.
- Assist with establishing an ecosystem for digital assets by researching activity, investment and interest - clients, providers, competitors.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Good organizational skills, and has worked on setting up and tracking team and project activity
- Experienced in delivering products/projects across multi-disciplinary teams
- Understanding of the ongoing market trends in cryptos, and digital assets
- Thorough understanding of the functioning of capital markets across the value chain
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and emerging digital technologies with natural curiosity around new technological evolution
- Strong analytical capabilities to understand impact of trends on our business
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams
- Knowledge of the DLT activity, AI activity, and regulatory activity is a plus.
- Good oral and written skills
- Opportunity to learn the digital asset space
- Exposure to a wide set of ideas, teams, and activities
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in establishing a new business line or working in a start-up environment
- Ability to work with and influence business partners
- Developing intellectual curiosity and a continuous learning experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly in order in a rapidly changing environment.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Back to top