With over half of the world's top 100 money managers as customers and over $25 trillion in assets on the CR IMS, Charles River has a great reputation across customers in the EMEA region. The company's SaaS-based, leading edge technology platform has been well received and the firm is seeing a number of significant uptake from existing customers as well as attracting new named customers who see it as the best in class.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Corporate Counsel to be responsible for providing in-house legal services in support of business groups on a broad range of commercial transactions and licensing issues.
Our ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Qualified lawyer with relevant UK legal qualifications
- 7-10 years of in house counsel experience, preferably at a financial services technology or software firm.
- Prior software license and SaaS drafting and negotiation experience.
- Solid, practical knowledge regarding general corporate legal matters.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and produce quality work product in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent business judgment and the ability to form strong working relationships with demanding internal clients while maintaining firm adherence to proper corporate and legal standards.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate independently.
- Proven ability to work with diverse, cross functional teams including global interactions.
- Flexibility with schedule and ability to work beyond regular business hours as required to support international business units and customers.
Why this role is important to us
Charles River is rapidly expanding its business and requires strong in-house counsel to support this growth.
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.