Who we are looking for
High calibre graduate or professional with a good working knowledge of the financial industry and a focus on exceptional attention to detail and data quality sought for a position within one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers. We are committed to hiring from a fair and diverse array of genders and backgrounds and offering equal opportunities.
Why this role is important to us
The Data Management Analyst assists in monitoring compliance of data policies, standards and business rules across the organization to ensure high quality and available data within the organization. Responsible for supporting the Client and Account Domain data across multiple applications and serve in a stewardship capacity for all the Client and Account Domain data elements, working closely with data consumers, record keepers as well as the respective IT support teams.
What you will be responsible for
- Daily functions would include but not be limited to:
- Assist in managing and maintaining client and account master data
- Data entry, report running and data reconciliation
- Contribute to high profile projects benefiting multiple departments across the organisatio n globally
- Complete requested changes to data components and attribute definition
- Assist in maintaining the data dictionaries and formalizing field definitions.
- Assist in partnering with data owners to ensure coordination of data consolidation, cleansing, harmonization, testing, validation, and field mapping activities. Works with all areas of the business to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Collaborate with local data owners and stewards on trouble shooting related process issues. Develop and performs "logic" review to catch exceptions in defined global data fields.
- Assist in working with the IT organization(s) to define a robust, scalable data structure that aligns with the business objectives of the organization.
- Resolve data issues and conflicts.
- Represent the data domains in regulatory, compliance and other internal and external projects.
- Support the wider Client Implementation team with data related items as well as other events and projects as required (Get involved in cooperation with brokers, custodians in endeavours of implementing client change events)
What we value
- Analytically minded with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel with an appreciation for Database design and concepts.
- Willing to assume responsibility and ownership of tasks assigned.
- Demonstrated strong time management capabilities.
- Ability to independently plan and manage multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in delivery focused environment.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent collaborative, organizational, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Experience gained from an investment manager, investment bank, custodian or fund administrator useful.
- Knowledge of some of the key concepts around master data management, data standards and organizations.
- Some experience working alongside information technology and project management teams.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers