Who we are looking for
As part of State Street's EFX business expansion plan, this role involves generating and researching ideas to expand our client algo execution offering, enhance customer experience, as well as working closely with different trading teams to promote internalization.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Client Algo Quantitative Analyst, Global Markets, VP you will
- Involve in the full life cycle of algo product development. Generating new ideas, identifying performance improvements and control gaps, specifying, developing, backtesting and prototyping quant models, performing liquidity analysis and provisioning, working closely with IT development team, business risk, compliance and model validation team
- Provide 2nd level support to address clients' questions and perform bespoke analysis as required.
- Work with sales and meet with clients to understand algo requirements
- Develop pre-trade and market liquidity analytics tool
- Analyze and optimize algo flow and behavior to improve performance and customer experience.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role.
- Display the highest level of the Code of Conduct and support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Postgraduate degree (PhD or Masters) in Mathematics, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Statistics or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of complex quantitative analysis within trading platforms
- Experience and solid knowledge in efx market and developing FX algos
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate clearly with traders, sales, clients and able to go into details when working with IT
- Object oriented programming skills: Java or C++
- Proficiency in statistical packages such as Matlab, Python or R
- Strong statistical foundations and experience in analyzing large data sets and tick data
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers