Technical Lead for ongoing enhancements and projects necessary to evolve the infrastructure and product features within the State Street "Derivatives Hub" (DHub). DHub is the middle and back office solution for listed Options and Futures; Over the Counter (OTC) derivatives; Cleared derivatives products. DHub provides transaction lifecycle management, accounting and record keeping, pricing, cash settlements and margin movements. DHub is a critical application for select middle office clients and the State Street Global Derivatives COE's (DCOE's).
As an Application Development Lead you will:
- Work effectively in an IT leadership capacity on a global virtual team with clients, product owners and offshore development resources.
- Developing and maintaining middle-tier and backend modules using Java, Spring web services, streaming, messaging, PL/SQL and hibernate technologies.
- Work closely with developers, architects and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Develop application solutions through effective use of offshore development teams, including the ability to triage issues by reviewing code and logs as needed
- Adopt and champion continuous integration and agile development best practices
- Contribute to Software Architecture/Application Design materials in collaboration with architecture team
- Work with Business Analysts in translating business requirements into Agile Epics and Sequencing Roadmaps.
- Help foster "end to end" solution definitions within the development team by setting up as needed design reviews, code walkthroughs and functional demos to resolve issues and remove development impediments
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Key hands-on resource with 8+ years of full life-cycle software development experience in Java, messaging and queuing technologies to develop robust, reliable and high-performance solutions.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent or related field
- Working knowledge and skills in GUI development with Java middle and databases backend to create an end to end solution desirable
- Experience with software development lifecycle and software development common practices (code reviews, unit testing etc.).
- Good understanding of SQL performance tuning techniques including query plan understanding and management, SQL tracing, DB stats, indexing techniques, using AWR reports etc., highly preferred.
- Experience with managing and resolving problems on a live production system.
- Strong IT understanding and analytical orientation
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly responsible
- Strong collaboration skills, working with multiple teams in various locations in an agile environment.
- Past experience working in the Financial industry especially Derivatives highly preferred.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers