The State Street Data Transport team supports multiple file transfer products across the business in conjunction with the Service Operations team. The successful candidate will provide Level 3-4 engineering technical expertise to the State Street Service Delivery team and will oversee the Operations Team that support these products. The importance of patching and software currency as well as compliance with audit findings and vulnerability management is a key responsibility of the position. The position requires effective managerial, communication and technical skills with a willingness to learn home grown file transfer technologies. The candidate must manage and prioritize key initiatives and coordinate with the Service Delivery and Operation teams. The candidate must be willing to engineer solutions, lead new technology projects and improve the current file transfer stack.
• Act as a technical engineering lead for Data Transport Infrastructure on various file transfer platforms with a focus on operations first.
• Design, Develop/Implement, Document and Deliver automation based solutions for the Data Transport Infrastructure.
• Migrate to Best of Breed tools/solutions in the Data Transport space.
• Lead compliance efforts and strengthen controls on Data Transport products.
• Promote compliance with CIS controls and implement security awareness activities to reinforce controls compliance and educate employees on new and modified security controls for Data Transport.
Service Delivery's Data Transport team supports multiple file transfer products across the business units with the Service Operations team. The candidate will provide technical engineering expertise and leadership to the State Street Service Delivery Team and the Operation team that support these products.
The successful candidate has strong hands on and technical experience with data transport products. The successful candidate has the ability to work in a team setting with a diverse group: operations support resources, SSC client services representatives, application and service delivery teams and clients. The successful candidate will provide technical support of core data transport products including software life cycles, audit compliance/remediation efforts, vulnerability control, patch management. The candidate must participate in service improvement/resiliency initiatives and key projects. Other key qualifications include:
• Effective communication and technical skills - they are a key requirement of the position.
• Strong knowledge in file transfer server technologies (Axway Secure Transport, Primeur Spazio/Data One Next (a plus), IBM Sterling Connect Direct NDM, Broadcom PGP, strong knowledge of file transfer protocols (FTP, FTPS, SFTP, HTTPS).
• Knowledge in file sharing including Samba.
• Willingness to learn home grown file transfer technologies.
• Strong knowledge of SSL and SSH security, protocols and key management.
• Vulnerability management experience and awareness of the controls needed to minimize risk and entitlements.
• Ability to manage high priority initiatives and coordinate the activities with SSC Service Delivery and IBM SO to completion.
• Proficient knowledge and hands on experience with Shell Scripting, Python Programming, Ansible Core/Tower and Terraform, Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP).
• Initiate and manage patching, upgrades and hardware life cycle to ensure we remain current with technology solutions and meet client needs.
• Ensure the Service Delivery Data Transport support teams satisfy applicable legal, regulatory and internal requirements surrounding Risk and Compliance.
• Provide Information Technology risk management and compliance support to ensure effective identification, measurement, control and management of the relevant risks in the data transport areas.
• Monitor applicable regulatory changes and provide effective change management to address such changes and keep abreast of new products, technologies and applications as well as their implications for assigned area.
• Support a collaborative cross-business environment that fosters change utilizing the Change Management Framework
• Identify and manage IT risk by maintaining effective internal controls and escalating as appropriate any deficiencies to management and/or applicable technology governance boards.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers