Physician (Per Diem)
- Prospect, CT
The Department of Correction (DOC) shall aim to be a global leader in progressive correctional practices and partnered re-entry initiatives to support responsive evidence-based practices aligned to law-abiding and accountable behaviors. Safe and security shall be a priority component of this responsibility as it pertains to staff, victims, citizens and offenders.
Do you have a passion for supporting others?
Do you want to make a difference while participating in a dynamic health care environment in the public sector?
We invite you to discover this exceptional opportunity as a dedicated Physician (Per Diem).
- The of State of Connecticut, Department of Correction is seeking Physician's to provide medical services in our rare environment on a Per Diem basis.
- Positions located at New Haven Correctional Center and Cheshire Correctional Institution will be provisioned to provide general, high quality medical care as it is essential to our mission of leading safe and secure facilities while ensuring the wellness of our inmate population, our staff and the general public.
- Positions located at McDougall Walker Correctional Institution in Suffield, CT will be tasked to perform complicated oral surgery procedure under local anasthesia, and aid general Dentistry with difficult oral surgery procedures which include: surgical extraction on impacted third molars, simple sinus repair, and biopsy.
Discover the opportunity to:
- Be part of a 700-member team dedicated to improving the health of nearly 13,000 patients
- Fulfill public service by providing clinical care to a vulnerable patient population
- Enjoy work-life balance with a flexible schedule, no call and a manageable patient load
- Avoid hassles with insurance companies and billing requirements
- Work in a safe and collaborative environment with nursing and administrative support
- Practice in one of multiple locations available in urban, suburban and rural sites across the state
- Contribute to the coordination of onsite medical, mental/behavioral health and dental services
- Get clinical exposure to varied medical pathologies and case presentations
- Have access to onsite X-rays, EKGs, point-of-care labs and phlebotomy services
- Perform charting with a modern electronic health record
- Attractive total compensation package for full-time, part-time and per diem positions
- Reimbursement for clinical credentials (e.g., medical license, DEA registration, BLS certification)
- Malpractice insurance covered by the State of Connecticut
- Opportunities for training and professional development
Compensation will be based in accordance with the following schedule:
P-1 Base Pay Hourly Rate 125% of RW 14 Step 7 (Hourly wage rate for HD PH is $105.56) Fringe Benefit Rate 37% of Base Pay Hourly Rate Shift Differential 15% of Base Pay Hourly Rate Weekend Differential 15% of Base Pay Hourly Rate Premium Holiday Hourly Rate 50% of Base Pay Hourly Rate
Please ensure that your application is complete. You will be unable to make revisions once you officially submit your application to the State of Connecticut. Note: No permanent State Employee may work in a per diem position.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Patrick Pathammavong at (860) 692-6805 or email@example.com.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state facility, this class is accountable for the diagnosis and treatment of clients or for acting as a medical consultant on a variety of programs.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Participates in diagnosis, care and treatment of patients in an assigned service; with consultation may manage medical and surgical treatments; makes daily rounds or attends clinic sessions to examine patients, outline appropriate treatment and review work of nurses and attendants; instructs paraprofessional and professional staff with respect to regimens for individual patients and general medical management; reviews records, interviews visitors and answers inquiries; prescribes occupational, physical, psychological and industrial therapy for patients; investigates complaints and unusual occurrences and makes reports of findings; may teach professional and attendant groups; may serve as medical consultant to specialized statewide health programs; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of principles and practices of medicine with particular reference to mentally ill, handicapped, chronically ill or imprisoned patients; knowledge of recent developments in field of medicine; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; skill in mental and physical diagnoses.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain a license to practice medicine and surgery as issued by the Connecticut Department of Public Health in accordance with the applicable Connecticut General Statutes. A temporary license may be granted for a period not to exceed one (1) year.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Back to top