Dentist (35 Hour)
The Department of Correction shall strive to be a global leader in progressive correctional practices and partnered re-entry initiatives to support responsive evidence-based practices aligned to law-abiding and accountable behaviors. Safe and security shall be a priority component of this responsibility as it pertains to staff, victims, citizens and offenders.
Do you have a passion for supporting others?
Do you want to make a difference while participating in a dynamic health care environment in the public sector?
We invite you to discover this exceptional opportunity as a dedicated Dentist.
If so, the State of Connecticut, Department of Correction (DOC) is seeking a highly motivated applicant for a Dentist position at MacDouggal Walker Correctional Institution in Suffield, CT. The position is first shift 35 hours a week, Monday-Friday, (exact hours may vary by location, between 7AM-3PM).
You will work with a hardworking multidisciplinary team to deliver the highest level of care across a diverse population in our rare environment. You will have opportunities to care for a wide range of people and health concerns and gain invaluable experience while working in a dynamic highly varied work environment.
This is a Hazardous Duty Position and offers a pension plan, the State Employees Retirement System Tier IV. It also offers excellent health benefits along with additional supplemental
The State of Connecticut has charm, elegance, and a high standard of living. Our State has mountains, forests, ocean fronts, rivers, and wonderful green countryside right at your doorstep. Our school systems offer an outstanding education for your family. Our communities are among the safest in the country(#6 in U.S.). If you want to enjoy your quality of life, it is the right time to join our team.
In Connecticut, you may enjoy the relaxed but sophisticated 'country-life' or you may choose to live in a city. In our State's Capitol, Hartford, you can find an array of shops, restaurants and entertainment as well as the home of the state's government. On our State's shoreline, New Haven is home to the prestigious Yale University. Connecticut experiences all four seasons: summers are warm; spring rapidly warms up with plenty of rain to foster our green countryside; autumn has beautiful gold, red, and brown foliage, and winter has plenty of snow for fun outdoor adventures.
Do you love the city and Traveling?
We are a small state with easy access to Boston and New York City within a couple of hours by car or train. Bradley International Airport, located 20 minutes from Hartford, has direct flights to California, Florida, Puerto Rico, Texas, Chicago, Atlanta, Mexico, Montreal, Ireland and many more.
Check out our latest YouTube video below to learn more about Healthcare positions at the DOC!
May require travel to any DOC facility.
All applicants must include a resume within the 'Resume Tab' of the application. During the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation supporting their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc. at the discretion of the agency.
Please ensure that your application is complete. You will be unable to make revisions once you officially submit your application to the State of Connecticut. Candidates who submit an untimely, incomplete or inaccurate application will not be considered for this employment opportunity.
Should you have questions pertaining to this posting or about additional incentives, contact Patrick Pathammavong at Patrick.Pathammavong@ct.gov.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In state facilities this class is accountable for performing professional dental and oral surgical work.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Provides comprehensive dental care to inmates under the supervision of CT DOC
- Perform clinical and radiographic examinations to diagnose conditions of the oral cavity and develop appropriate treatment plans
- Perform restorative, endodontic, prosthodontic, surgical and periodontal treatments within the scope of DOC provided services
- Recognize and refer patients for specialty treatment as required
- Educate patient population in oral disease prevention
- Keeps accurate and thorough records of treatment
- May supervise dental students, dental hygiene students, or dental assisting students
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations on infection control
- Aids in Dental staff maintaining equipment and supply inventory
- Maintains security of dental instruments
- Performs related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of principles and practices of dental operative techniques and dental surgery; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain a license as a dentist issued by the Connecticut State Department of Health Services in accordance with the applicable Connecticut General Statutes
- Strong knowledge of dental procedures including, but not limited to: restorative, prosthodontic, periodontic, endodontic and oral surgery
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to work with indirect supervision. Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Excellent attendance records.
Incumbents in this class may be required to lift and restrain clients and may be exposed to disagreeable conditions, communicable and/or infectious diseases and risk of injury from assaultive and/or abusive clients.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Back to top