Build your career at one of the top companies for professional growth in the U.S.! Khakis optional...
At State Farm we invest in our employees by providing a competitive Total Rewards package:
Starting Salary is $100,500.00 - $147,675.00 annually. Because work-life-balance is a priority at State Farm, compensation is based on our standard 38:45-hour work week! Salary offered is dependent on skills and qualifications, with the high end of the range limited to applicants with significant relevant experience.
You are also eligible for:
- An annual bonus based on individual and enterprise performance
- Annual merit increases
- 401(k) contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO), plus: 5 days of Life Leave to take care of yourself and your family, Paid Volunteer Time, and an Annual Celebration Day to celebrate what's important to you!
- Industry leading Tuition Assistance Programs
- Wellnessand mental health programs
- Discounts from hundreds of retailers through our Perks at Work program
This is a Remote-Field position in which you will work from home and utilize a mobile office/vehicle for in-person appointments. Candidates may be asked to work outside of their assigned territory as business needs dictates.
Being good neighbors - helping people, investing in our communities, and making the world a better place - is who we are at State Farm. It is at the core of how we operate and the reason for our success. Come join a #1 team and do some good!
Do you enjoy helping others? Can you see yourself being the face of State Farm helping our customers in their time of need?
This position is for a Fire Team Manager, overseeing Claim Specialists who handle one or a combination of the following: accidental and weather-related homeowners, commercial, and large loss claims.
Team Managers are committed to leading and developing our employees to ensure they provide the best service for our customers. This includes:
First-line management of assigned Claim personnel, which includes hiring, training, coaching, performance management and salary activities
- Review and control of the operation's claim activities including investigations, claim payments, and adjustment expense payments
- Coordinating, communicating, and implementing new Company programs, policies, practices, and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with company procedures, applicable federal/state laws, and legal requirements
- Promoting development of employees within an inclusive environment
Proximity - You will be assigned a specific territory and will be required to live within that territory/state.
This position is located near Collinsville, Edwardsville, Springfield and surrounding areas. Specific location/area will be assigned and the selected candidates will be required to reside within the location/area for which they are selected.
- Prior leadership experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership behaviors:
- Promote and maintain a relentless focus on the customer when making decisions
- Candidly assess our environment and tackle challenges head-on
- Inspire and energize people to understand and achieve common goals
- Physical agility to allow for: frequent lifting, carrying, and climbing a ladder; ability to navigate roofs at various heights for inspection of both residential and commercial structures; ability to crawl in tight spaces
- Experience with Xactimate, XactContents
- A valid driver's license is required
Hours of operation are continually evaluated and may change based on business need. Successful candidates are able and willing to work flexible work shifts and may be asked to work overtime and/or irregular hours.
Employees must successfully complete all required training, including applicable licensing exam(s), MVRs and background checks required of various state(s).
Visit State Farm Careers for more information on our benefits, locations, and the hiring process
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, Experience: Leadership experience with relevant claims adjusting and/or construction background.