VP, Visual Design for Digital Products
- Flexible / Remote
Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
We are seeking a seasoned Designer well versed in creating strategy and designing mobile + digital products.
As the VP, Visual Design you will lead a team responsible for the creation of an elegant, seamless, visual identity across every product touchpoint, that engages and delights customers.
Reporting to the Head of Product Design and Research, you will shape a clear vision of the future of our look and feel, motion, patterns, shapes, colors, sounds, copy, illustration, and design language.
Focus on craft, pixel perfect attention to detail, and exceedingly high aesthetic bar you will create a design system that drives visual consistency. In partnership with Brand/Marketing creative, you will deepen our brand principles and continue a seamless stash story from marketing through the product.
Stash is a fast-paced growth company—join us to work on hard, important problems, have fun, and make history.
What You’ll Do
- Champion and cultivate a culture of user-centered design, accessibility, and inclusion through every touchpoint in the customer journey.
- Establish, develop, and uphold a beautiful, elegant design language that delivers an emotionally relevant unified visual identity across the entire product experience.
- Responsible for all phases of Visual/UI design work: competitive audits, distilling research, ideation, final spec design, implementation, and documentation,
- Foster collaborative relationships with UX, Brand Creative, and Marketing to deliver a unified identity and message for our customers.
- Deliver Design language and principles in a reliable, repeatable, and scalable design system and pixel perfect documentation (internal and external).
- Conduct constructive design reviews, while having the backbone to make tough calls, prioritize work, and raise the design bar on craft and quality.
- Contribute to positive behavior design thinking, ideas, and solutions to help customers develop healthy financial habits.
- Develop a forward-looking trend mechanism and POV that helps Stash identify trends, design movements, and social trends to meet the customer where they will be.
Who You Are
- Human-centered Visual/UI design leader that cares about craft while relentlessly raises the design bar.
- An expert communicator at every level with the ability to flex between influencing executives and inspiring team members.
- Emotionally intelligent (EQ) leader that hires and develops the best, growing, and inspiring designers to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- Great collaborator and team player - you understand design is a team sport and when we win, we win together.
- Relationship builder that actively develops cross-org partnerships, fosters trust, and aligns stakeholders.
- Ability to balance form, function, data, and UXR to inform design decisions.
- A thought leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, that will make an imprint on our movement to empower everyday Americans to drive their financial future.
What You Bring to the Table
- 10+ years of experience in creating strategy and designing mobile + digital products.
- 6+ years of leading teams and managing people.
- Experience working with UX/UI designers, Design systems, Product management.
- Proven track record of delivering successful products.
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Space Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.
Back to top