Senior HR Business Partner
- New York, NY
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
As the Senior HRBP at Stash, you will act as a strategic partner to our entire organization. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will build and run people programs that drive performance, maintain and enhance employee engagement and support development, while also helping to drive People Ops. We are looking for a Senior HRBP with a strong work ethic, and passion for managing the details, who thrives in an ever-changing startup ecosystem and is willing to contribute wherever necessary.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, and execute people strategies to complement or enhance our existing programs focused on onboarding, performance management, employee relations, learning, compensation & benefits, and culture
- Amplify our unique, high-performance culture and elevate our talent brand
- Partner with the leadership team to understand business needs and provide HR guidance that drives and informs key decisions
- Lead ER and performance management
- Develop and empower senior and middle managers to take accountability for the People needs and challenges within their organizations
- Oversee talent management initiatives, including performance management, career pathing, and compensation processes
- Support individual and team effectiveness. Advise and consult client groups on organizational design, team effectiveness, and integration.
- Support talent review and succession planning processes, while ensuring performance goals are aligned
- Drive implementation and adoption of key People analytics with the goal of optimizing Stash’s programs and culture
- Providing policy interpretation, counseling and training for employees and managers on programs, policies and procedures; Ensure fairness and legal compliance.
- Support and develop diversity and inclusion programs.
- Analyzing HR metrics and data (turnover, etc.) for the business to show talent trends and provide insightful analytics to leaders; Run employee surveys and partner with groups to develop action plans.
- Support HR Ops to ensure all processes are strong end to end.
What we’re looking for:
- 5-8 years progressive Human Resources/People Ops experience, preferable in tech, fast paced, highly engaged environment
- Demonstrated background evaluating and implementing People programs and initiatives across HR generalist functions including building culture, onboarding, compensation planning, benefits, performance management, learning, and employee relations
- Superb communication skills, business acumen, and coaching, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Experience quickly diagnosing challenges, strategizing solutions and implementing change
- Quick and active learner
- Results/action orientation with strong planning and execution skills
- Strong familiarity with government compliance regulations and best practices/protocols
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.
Back to top