Senior Full Stack Engineer - Customer Experience Applications
- Reading, United Kingdom
Stash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people create better lives. From budgeting to saving for retirement, Stash unites banking, investing, and advice all in one app that has helped more than 5M people reach their financial goals and make progress towards financial freedom.
Our Customer Experience Application (CXA) development team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for building reliable, scalable, and performant software to support the Stash mission. After four years of tremendous growth in the U.S., we’re expanding to the UK, and building a team who will create internal applications that improve the ways we help our customers Spend, Save, and Invest. As one of the first team members on the ground, you’ll partner with every department and have the flexibility to use your creative, problem-solving skills to improve the Stash process in near real-time.
What you'll do:
- Take ownership and responsibility for the design and development of a new set of Customer Experience applications. This role is a senior hands-on development role.
- Architect, design, and implement internal applications that support the Stash experience, including robust services, user experiences and CLI tools
- Partner with every department to come up with new features and applications.
- Own the end to end delivery of software components from inception to production
- Talk directly to the end-users daily.
- Work in a cross-functional agile team to deliver working software incrementally.
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
- Continuously deploy to our cloud-based infrastructure.
- Scale software infrastructure for a quickly-growing user base
What we're looking for:
- Professional experience building consumer-facing software or internal tooling
- An experienced engineer who can turn ideas into reliable code that others find easy to understand and modify
- Experience building backend RESTful APIs or creating services based on distributed message-based patterns
- Demonstrable understanding of designing and building distributed systems at scale
- A creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
- Data-informed decision-maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
- A desire to work using modern development and testing approaches including Test Driven Development and pair programming
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
**No recruiters, please.
Back to top