Senior Full Stack Engineer - Customer Experience Applications
- Reading, United Kingdom
Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Our Customer Experience Application (CXA) development team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for building reliable, scalable, and performant software to support the Stash mission. After four years of tremendous growth in the U.S., we’re expanding to the UK, and building a team who will create internal applications that improve the ways we help our customers Spend, Save, and Invest. As one of the first team members on the ground, you’ll partner with every department and have the flexibility to use your creative, problem-solving skills to improve the Stash process in near real-time.
What you'll do:
- Take ownership and responsibility for the design and development of a new set of Customer Experience applications. This role is a senior hands-on development role.
- Architect, design, and implement internal applications that support the Stash experience, including robust services, user experiences and CLI tools
- Partner with every department to come up with new features and applications.
- Own the end to end delivery of software components from inception to production
- Talk directly to the end-users daily.
- Work in a cross-functional agile team to deliver working software incrementally.
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
- Continuously deploy to our cloud-based infrastructure.
- Scale software infrastructure for a quickly-growing user base
What we're looking for:
- Professional experience building consumer-facing software or internal tooling
- An experienced engineer who can turn ideas into reliable code that others find easy to understand and modify
- Experience building backend RESTful APIs or creating services based on distributed message-based patterns
- Demonstrable understanding of designing and building distributed systems at scale
- A creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
- Data-informed decision-maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
- A desire to work using modern development and testing approaches including Test Driven Development and pair programming
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to email@example.com.
Invest in Yourself:
- 25 days annual leave, group personal pension plan (3% employer contributions), and optional subsidized private medical care
- £1,000 Educational Stipend to invest in your career, growth, and development
- £350 Work-From-Home Stipend to set up your ergonomically-friendly remote workspace + £26 monthly Internet reimbursement
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please.
Back to top