Lead Product Designer
- Flexible / Remote
Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
As the Lead Product Designer, you create a frictionless experience that empowers and delights customers. You will help shape a clear vision of the future of user experience, pursue forward-thinking design, and deliver at a high bar. You will partner with Product and Engineering teams to develop amazing user experiences that reimagine, innovate, and redefine the financial space. Stash is a fast-paced growth company—join us to work on hard, important problems, have fun, and make history.
What You’ll Do
- Champion a culture of user-centered design and craft
- Relentlessly raise the design bar ensuring customers have seamless, consistent, and delightful interactions every time they use Stash.
- Simplify complexity by breaking down tough problems and aligning on actionable solutions.
- Responsible for translating strategy into action through all phases of product design / UX work: distilling research, Information Architecture, ideation, reviews, prototyping, final spec design, and implementation.
- Create positive behaviour design thinking, ideas, and solutions to help customers develop healthy financial habits.
- Develop thought and craft leadership.
- Foster collaborative relationships with Engineering. Product, and UXR
- Have the backbone to make tough calls, prioritize work, and stand for quality.
Who You Are
- Human-centered UX designer that drives strategic product innovation and design thinking.
- An expert communicator at every level with the ability to flex between influencing partners and inspiring team members.
- Great collaborator, team player, and mentor - you understand design is a team sport and when we win, we win together.
- Relationship builder that actively develops cross-org partnerships, fosters trust.
- Ability to balance data with customer insights to inform design decisions.
What You Bring to the Table
- 8+ years of experience in UX/UI Design.
- Experience working with designers, and executives in product management and engineering.
- Proven track record of delivering successful products.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Flexible Remote
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development & Ergonomic Work Space Stipends
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019 & 2020)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.
Back to top