Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
We’re hiring a Full Stack Engineer who will report to the Engineering Manager for our Solutions squad. The Solutions squad performs a key part of the Stash mission to be a full financial home for customers, by integrating partner solutions like life insurance to meet customer’s needs. The teams works to improve customer experience and optimize revenue from partner solutions through strategic placement in-app, improving conversion funnels, providing advice, and more. Stash is always hiring so there may be opportunities available on our other engineering teams.
What you'll do:
- Architect, design, and implement intuitive web applications that support the Stash experience
- Work on new, greenfield projects that will have an immediate impact on both our users and the company
- Partner with every department to come up with new features and applications
- Own the end to end delivery of software components from inception to production
- Work in a cross-functional agile team to deliver working software incrementally
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
- Continuously deploy what you build to our cloud-based infrastructure
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of professional experience building consumer-facing software
- BS/MS in Computer Science or relevant industry experience
- An experienced engineer who can turn ideas into reliable code that others find easy to understand and modify
- An understanding of UX best practices and system design patterns
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
- A keen understanding of testing best practices (TDD is a plus!)
- Experience building an application at scale
- Experience building backend RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with or interest in our stack Ruby, Rails, Scala, Kotlin, Sidekiq, Heroku, Postgres, Redis, AWS, Terraform
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Space Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please.**