DevOps Engineering Manager
- New York, NY
Stash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people create better lives. From budgeting to saving for retirement, Stash unites banking, investing, and advice all in one app that has helped more than 5M people reach their financial goals and make progress towards financial freedom.
As an Engineering Manager you will empower our teams to continuously improve their processes and culture, and cultivate the happiness and development of our engineers. Cloud Engineers support the entire organization and are responsible for assisting many teams.
We’re hiring a manager for our DevOps team. DevOps is responsible for customizing and maintaining cloud resources which serve as the platform upon which our internal applications are hosted/communicate.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to design, develop and implement STASH’s Cloud Infrastructure roadmap
- Operate & maintain high availability of software for multiple products running in AWS
- Establish, implement and analyze infrastructure-wide SLOs, KPIs and metrics
- Co-develop infrastructure and engineering standards, documentation, processes and procedures with cloud and backend engineers
- Infuse site reliability and security into all areas of STASH’s cloud infrastructure
- Understand modern software security and secure software systems with cloud-based infrastructure
- Ensure your team consistently makes and meets commitments to deliver value
- Actively remove roadblocks for your team
- Motivate and focus your team to deliver the most important work
- Facilitate collaboration with other teams and other parts of the business
- Work with team members on career development by understanding their goals and helping them find stretch opportunities
- Work with leadership to ensure that the team is appropriately staffed and has the correct scope
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of cloud infrastructure, site reliability engineering or IT engineering experience
- 2+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building cloud infrastructure to include network, security, container, DevOps and identify and access management mechanisms and structures.
- Proficient technical knowledge of current tools and best practices at scale
- Cloud Services/Infrastructure
- Monitoring and Logging
- Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management
- Player-coach who can jump in, assist, and motivate the team
- Personable, approachable, professional and inclusive
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Flexible Remote
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development & Ergonomic Work Space Stipends
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019 & 2020)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.
Back to top