AML Compliance Manager
- New York, NY
Stash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people create better lives. From budgeting to saving for retirement, Stash unites banking, investing, and advice all in one app that has helped more than 5M people reach their financial goals and make progress towards financial freedom.
Stash’s Compliance Team is looking for an AML compliance subject matter expert & investigator. The AML manager will be responsible for supporting and improving compliance and anti-money laundering processes and controls. This includes monitoring exception reports to identify unusual patterns of activity and writing Suspicious Activity Reports. The investigator will support the AML Compliance Officer in managing risk and monitoring customer behavior to ensure Stash meets its requirements under company policy, the Bank Secrecy Act, FinCEN guidance, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations.
Stash’s compliance function is comprised of a diverse array of academic and professional backgrounds, and we encourage each of our team members to strive for world-class performance. Compliance selects for candidates who possess high degrees of open-mindedness, conscientiousness, and equanimity.
What you’ll do:
- Review daily reports/alerts and escalate suspicious activity patterns or trends
- Document rationale and file Suspicious Activity Reports as necessary
- Support program-wide investigations through gathering data and/or documentation
- Receive and triage referrals from internal partners
- Support periodic audits & regulatory requests
- Assist with training and quality reviews of new team member
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Crime Compliance. Experience in investigations and transaction monitoring and/or program development a plus
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills and an aptitude for building strong relationships with stakeholders through the use of engaging, courteous, and persuasive communication styles.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and prioritize key initiatives and related tasks
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and an aptitude for thinking clearly.
- Exemplary attention to detail, exceptional analytical skills, and strong judgment skills.
- Working knowledge of digital banking channels, including mobile and other web-based technologies
- CAMS/CFE designation
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Flexible Remote
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development & Ergonomic Work Space Stipends
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019 & 2020)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.
Back to top