Sr. Software Engineer
Description Passionate about buildinggreat products with purpose?
Passionate about buildingsoftware using latest technologies and deploying in cloud?
We are are building acustomer setup platform to support B2B customers doing billions of dollrs withStaples
We are building new microservices,moving to the cloud and continuously looking for improvements in our area.
Who we are:
- We'rean agile team of engineers shifting to open source technologies.
- Weiterate quickly, release multiple times per week and have a strong DevOps mentality.
- Ourtechnology stack includes Java, Springboot,Angular, HDFS, Solr, Splunk, Azure
The software engineer provides technology expertise in a complexenvironment within any of the technology disciplines. Has the ability to support multipleteams. Spends time with software andtechnology vendors understanding how their product can bring business benefitto Staples.
- Develops and documents design models andimplements systems according to specific strategies, standards, guidelines andpolicies.
- Integrates new approachesand solutions to enhance the effectiveness of business solutions.
- Work closely with onsite/offshorecontractors to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Work closely with Architects tounderstand high level design and convert to low level design and code
- Uses the strategies, standards,guidelines and policies in developing implementation and service deliverymodels, including data security policies and development standards.
- May make technical decisions on workassignments, schedule revisions or design features.
- Solves unique, tactical problemsinvolving complex technical issues across multiple disciplines.
- Ensures compliance to models, standardsand strategies.
- Investigates new design and/oranalytical methodologies, techniques, and tools and makes recommendations asappropriate.
- Maintains a profound understanding ofbusiness domain strategies.
- Ensures optimal application performancewithin area of technical and application expertise. Assesses and recommends solutions to maintainoverall application health.
- May act as project manager,technical consultant, or business consultant.
- Works with technology management todevelop departmental business models, technical strategies, implementationstrategies and architectures. Ensurescompliance to models, standards and strategies.
- Synthesizes information gathered from numerousfunctions throughout the company in order to assist in the creation ofcross-functional data, business, or process models.
- Ensures complete knowledge transfer fromproject to application and system support.
- Bachelor'sDegree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Atleast 4 years' of professional software development experience and 5 years'building production applications in Java
- Workingknowledge of common development tools (Git, Bitbucket Eclipse/STS,Maven/Gradle).
- Experiencein working with Angular modules, services, templates, derictives, services anddependency injection.
- Experiencein using Chrome Developer Tools and/or other tools for debugging andtroubleshooting the code.
- Workingin an Agile environment
- Understandingabout IaaS/PaaS models
- Managingsource code repository and Jenkins Framework.
- Developingand maintaining continuous integration processes, tools and execution; includestest frameworks, code quality analysis, etc.
- Knowledgeabout middleware technologies, networking concepts, performance analysis,database management
- Willingnessto learn new technologies/tools.
- Knowledgeabout REST API's and micro-services and Spring framework preferred (notrequired)
Staples is The Worklife Fulfillment Company, helping businesses of all sizes be more productive, connected and inspired. With dedicated account teams, category professionals, innovative brands and a curated product assortment for business, Staples provides customized solutions to help organizations achieve their goals. Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Back to top