Ship Center Claims Representative
Description POSITION SUMMARY:
The Ship Center Claims Representatives owns all claim processes. Provide excellent customer service to our internal and external customers. Proactively notify customers regarding claim status. Follow professional communication guidelines for handling customer contacts, listening carefully to the customer to assess his or her needs ask asking probing questions. Show empathy for customer situations always. Maintain composure and control of the call. Responsible for making sure that all customer and carrier inquires submitted via email are responded to.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Track all issues from inception through to solution, taking ownership for problem resolution. Focus on driving the solution in as expedient a manner as possible and to provide customer resolution on any Ship Center transaction. Escalate any issues or trends that arise, that may impact customer satisfaction. Stay up-to-date on all outstanding customer contact issues and communicate system/process recommendations to improve efficiency. Research and reply to all inquiries in a timely fashion that meet department set service levels. Utilize Sales Force, Rewards Database, Microsoft Word, and Outlook, as well as the internet web site to obtain customer, ship center, and carrier information. Ability to adapt to new technologies which promote efficiency. Act as liaison with Carriers and customers to resolve claims. Achieve established standards as defined by area Answer inbound calls and assist customers in various capacities. Must be able to attend team meetings to keep updated on account requirements and participate in cross training.
2. All issues are researched and resolved within expected timeframes and if not resolved, agent must be able to notify customer. Notifying customers on claim statuses that are customer reported or Carrier reported. Need to be able to document the customer issue in a concise and articulate manner, as well as documenting into the system database for easy archiving and follow up. Accurately diagnose and categorize the customer issue by identifying the appropriate root cause and can articulate Ship Center policies and procedures to the customers.
Qualifications 1. Excellent oral and written communications skills. Confidence to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbal, to a varied audience that includes team members, customers, retail stores, vendors and internal Staples departments.
2. Solid Staples knowledge including order management system, ordering procedures, customer service procedures, Retail procedures and all applicable department policies and procedures. An aptitude for understanding and utilizing a wide array of resources, and ability to incorporate and train others on them quickly and effectively.
3. Ability to handle all department functions including inbound/outbound contacts and offline work. Deep understanding of specific customer base and related needs.
4. Good work ethic, such as team oriented, goal driven, and positive attendance and disciplinary record.
5. Set the example for the entire team while promoting a positive, supportive work environment.
6. Customer service oriented attitude and the ability to inspire others to have the same.
7. Strong organizational skills - must be capable of multi-tasking duties.
8. Works independently with minimal supervision or direction. Highly motivated, dedicated and flexible, ability to adapt to a constantly evolving environment.
Staples is The Worklife Fulfillment Company, helping businesses of all sizes be more productive, connected and inspired. With dedicated account teams, category professionals, innovative brands and a curated product assortment for business, Staples provides customized solutions to help organizations achieve their goals. Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Back to top