Project Manager II, Portfolio Planning
Description The Project Manager II will support the Vendor Program and Category Strategy team in driving improvement in category profit across all Staples businesses through a combination of new vendor programs that leverage Staples' scale and the development of new category strategies. This individual will provide project management, analytical support, and reporting that will primarily include the development of tools and analyses to support vendor negotiating strategies. This individual will also track progress toward targets and provide reporting to all stakeholders on the annual supplier negotiation process. The focus of this individual's time will be on the Technology & Furniture Categories.
- Provide project management support for category directors throughout the vendor program negotiation process
- Database and analytical model creation and maintenance
- Deep dive category analysis at vendor, channel, and geography level; project tracking and metric reporting
- Deliver accurate and actionable performance analytics that inform strategic decisions impacting gross margin performance
- Deliver timely support for negotiations that allow Staples business units to effectively budget cost savings
- Deliver the right metrics to assess vendor profitability, challenge existing category structures with deep analytical assessment of performance
- Deliver high-quality analytics that improve merchandising performance and EBITDA dollars
- Provide timely and accurate capture and reporting of results during annual vendor program negotiations
- Provide follow-up and tracking for negotiated global programs to ensure negotiated savings are achieved in all geographies and channels
- Collaborate with SBG sourcing team in support of Bid work, and identifying financial impacts
- Manage direct report analyst who owns the VPA process and Office Supplies support, as well as provide coaching to other analysts on team
Qualifications Basic Requirements:
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a performance analytics capacity
- Ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities, as well as partner with cross functional teams
- Strong analytical foundation
- Project management skills
- Database management skills
Staples is The Worklife Fulfillment Company, helping businesses of all sizes be more productive, connected and inspired. With dedicated account teams, category professionals, innovative brands and a curated product assortment for business, Staples provides customized solutions to help organizations achieve their goals. Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Back to top