Description Position Summary:
The Pricing Manager will be joining a team responsible for developing and executing segmented offers designed to target customers with category pricing that enhances and optimizes customer lifetime value.
- Strategy development, execution, and optimization: Experience developing, executing, and iterating on data-driven strategies. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation.
- Strategic leadership: Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Process Improvement: Ability to develop, manage, standardize, and optimize processes critical to our segmented category offers. Must have an ownership mentality.
- Execution: Strong attention to detail with organizational, planning and time management skills. Maintains a high level of focus and composure under time constraints while executing multiple projects and programs concurrently.
- Critical Thinking: The ability to quickly assess issues, identify root cause, and take action where there is no established protocol. Must be a creative problem solver.
- Partnership: Ability to partner both within the Pricing organization as well as cross-functionally to achieve company-wide goals and objectives. Strong relationship building skills.
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication skills which can be leveraged to influence decisions throughout the organization. Ability to communicate data via story telling.
- Results oriented: Ability to set goals, define success, identify key metrics, and report on and monitor performance. Ability to distill insights from results leading to actions that optimize future results.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, Engineering)
- Big data background -- proficient in Excel, Access, Power BI, and experience with SQL and database reporting
- At least 6 years of previous work experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Excellent communication skills (in English), both oral and written
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Masters (MS) in Statistics, Marketing Analytics, or similar program
- Experience optimizing customer segmentation or customer lifecycles
- Technical aptitude and interest a plus - experience with or interest in building skills coding repeatable, adaptable analysis in Python, R, or SAS
- Experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and ability to balance/prioritize workload
Staples is The Worklife Fulfillment Company, helping businesses of all sizes be more productive, connected and inspired. With dedicated account teams, category professionals, innovative brands and a curated product assortment for business, Staples provides customized solutions to help organizations achieve their goals. Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Back to top