eCommerce Software Architect
Description eCommerce Architect will serve as the lead architect for thearchitectural design, development, integration, and deployment of eCommercetechnologies for Staples's eCommerce Platform. eCommerce Architect isresponsible for the guidance on technical designs, performance andimplementation of e-commerce projects. He/she will own pre-project architectureassessment and passionately drive forward a road map for architectureimprovements and evaluate usage of new technologies to improve performance,scalability, security of Staples's eCommerce platform. This role will supportand mentor multiple Agile Scrum teams through mentorship on creation andapproval of technical solutions for new feature capabilities, through tocontinuous delivery to production.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Staples business processes and systems environment
- Build an e-commerce platform architectural strategy and drive its implementation
- Prepare the standards and guidelines for technical designs based on various business goals.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to software engineering teams
- Actively lead in the definition, design, development, testing and implementation of software functionality using the Agile methodology
- Create, modify, and design complex programs, modules, routines, scripts and data objects from a detailed design where efficiency, performance and reliability are critical
- Work with and advise both business and technology teams (internal and external) on how best to implement desired features and enhancements
- Ensure that technical solutions follow best practices, are reliable, are easily maintainable and are scalable under sustained load
- Identify, isolate and resolve malfunctions related to software
- Conduct knowledge transition on solutions to the designated application support team(s)
- Create and evolve application documentation as required
- Operate in compliance with SDS standards, policies, procedures, and best practices
- Solid experience developing e-commerce solutions
- Bachelor's Degree (MIS or CS preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of full software development lifecycle experience including the ability to perform independent analysis
- Experience in large scale software/web services design, including an understanding of object-oriented design patterns and building for fault tolerance and data durability
- 6+ years of experience in SQL and developing applications with relational and non relational database technologies
- Excellent analytical abilities and a strong intellectual curiosity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities at a given time
- Must be team oriented and have a customer service mindset
- Self-driven, able to work independently or within a team setting
- Results oriented and adaptable
- Experience with any of the following: Agile/Scrum, open source technologies, responsive application design, continuous integration using Jenkins
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Exposure to working in a retail, manufacturing, or print solutions
- Experience working directly with non-IT business partners
Staples is The Worklife Fulfillment Company, helping businesses of all sizes be more productive, connected and inspired. With dedicated account teams, category professionals, innovative brands and a curated product assortment for business, Staples provides customized solutions to help organizations achieve their goals. Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Back to top