Cloud Site Reliability Engineer
Cloud Site Reliability Engineer
As a Cloud Site Reliability Engineer at Staples, you will be part of an exciting initiative to adopt and implement Cloud strategies for one of the top ecommerce companies in the United States. Our Public Cloud Adoption program is one of Staples' critical initiatives in 2019/2020. This multi-year program will drive critical technology and tangible business value utilizing the latest cloud technologies. We are looking for highly motivated and experienced Cloud Site Reliability Engineers who want to grow their career and work with cutting edge tools and technologies while contributing to this expansive transformation.
The Cloud Site Reliability Engineer will work collaboratively with Application Developers, Enterprise Tools Engineers and Site Reliability Engineers to support key Cloud initiatives at Staples. The Cloud Site Reliability Engineer must have a proven track record of supporting a public cloud infrastructure and a demonstrated expertise in related Cloud technologies. We are looking for an experienced full stack engineer who wants to innovate, automate, and transform the enterprise.
• Support the Enterprise Tools and SRE teams on Staples Cloud journey, including the impact on infrastructure, networks and security
• Proactively perform analysis and identify opportunities to innovate, automate, improve efficiency, and achieve cost savings
• Establish a continuous improvement plan for Cloud Site Reliability Engineering, including technology reviews, root cause analysis, action reports analysis and cloud portfolio review
• Design, develop, and implement infrastructure availability and performance monitoring to ensure optimal platform uptime and performance
• Research and evaluate emerging cloud technologies and monitoring tools to proactively recommend opportunities for adding business value
• Research, analyze and recommend approaches for solving difficult and challenging cloud operational issues
• Help define development and deployment strategies, including code management, continuous integration and other Dev Ops practices
• Develop and maintain robust knowledge documentation for the Cloud Site Reliability Engineering team and its partners
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with continuous and progressive experience
• 5+ years of related experience working with some of these technologies:
o APM tools such as New Relic, AppDynamics, Datadog, etc.
o Infrastructure monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Prometheus, etc.
o Databases: MongoDB, Oracle, Couchbase, Redis, MySQL
o Frameworks: Dust/Angular, Nodejs, Springboot
o Log Analytics: Splunk, ELK/Elastic
• 3 to 5 years of experience with Cloud Technologies, at least half of which should be on the Microsoft Azure platform
• Well-versed in Microsoft Azure cloud solutions, architecture, related technologies and their interdependencies
• Strong hands on experience with Cloud based infrastructure and services (systems, network, provisioning, storage, etc)
• Solid understanding of networking concepts and technologies (DNS, load balancing, firewalls, etc.)
• Experience with supporting and troubleshooting various OS (Linux, Windows, Unix, etc) and applications.
• Must have strong experience with programming in one or more scripting languages (Python, Azure CLI, Powershell, etc.)
• Hands-on experience with tool sets related to automation, orchestration and managing cloud infrastructure (Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, etc.)
• Experience with configuring, deploying, and administering infrastructure and application monitoring tools that assist in troubleshooting performance and stability issues in a cloud environment
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed, with keen attention to detail, and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Azure DevOps Engineer Expert certification
• Experience with Agile methodology
Staples is The Worklife Fulfillment Company, helping businesses of all sizes be more productive, connected and inspired. With dedicated account teams, category professionals, innovative brands and a curated product assortment for business, Staples provides customized solutions to help organizations achieve their goals. Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Back to top