Cloud Services Engineer
Cloud Services Engineer
As a Cloud Services Engineer at Staples, you will be part of an exciting initiative to employ Cloud strategies across the country for one of the top ecommerce companies in the United States. Our Public Cloud Adoption strategy is one of Staples Digital Solutions critical initiatives in 2019. Staples is undergoing a multi-year cloud adoption program that will drive critical technology and business value utilizing the most up to date cloud technologies. We are looking for highly motivated and experienced Cloud Administrators who want to be part of this expansive transformation. This exciting opportunity will afford the right individual the chance to grow their career, work with great people and cutting-edge technology all while being part of a transformative initiative that drives tangible business value across the entire Staples enterprise.
The Cloud Services Engineer will work collaboratively within the Cloud Operations team and support key Cloud initiatives at Staples. The Cloud Operations team is responsible for 24x7x365 support of the Staples Cloud Infrastructure. The Cloud Services Engineer must have a proven track record of supporting a public cloud infrastructure and a demonstrated expertise in related Cloud technologies. We are looking for an experienced technical operations engineer who wants to grow their career and who will help drive the future transformation of this critical technology ecosystem.
• Establish a continuous improvement plan for Cloud Operations, including technology reviews, root cause analysis, action reports analysis and cloud portfolio review in order to ensure adequate infrastructure to provide suitable operating environment(s) for critical applications.
• Manage the Permit To Operate process that governs applications getting into production in Public Cloud.
• Be an active member in a group of senior operational resources holistically responsible for the health of services running in our Azure public cloud.
• Automate production operations processes.
• Develop, maintain and drive a culture of continuous enhancement for a robust knowledge management system for the Cloud Operations team and its partners.
• Identify opportunities to decrease MTTD through the creation of monitoring within Staples standard monitoring tools.
• Provide input to project teams, including determining development and deployment strategies, including code management, continuous integration and other aspects of Dev Ops.
• Researches and evaluate emerging cloud technologies and proactively recommend areas where they can bring business value.
• Support aspects of the cloud migration initiative, including its impact on infrastructure, networks and security.
• Research, analyze and recommend approaches for solving difficult and challenging cloud operational issues.
• Provide rotational on call escalation support for 24 x 7 x 365 operations team.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with continuous and progressive experience.
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo).
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail, and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• 5+ years' experience in an operational role with focus on digital solutions.
• Expert troubleshooting skills with an emphasis on the holistic view.
• Adept at conducting research into operational-related issues.
• Experience with supporting and troubleshooting various OS (Linux, Windows, Unix, etc) network and application issues.
• Experience supporting and configuring middleware and database technologies (e.g. Tomcat, NGINX, Apache, Couchbase, PostreSQL, etc.)
• 1 to 2 years of experience with Cloud Technologies at least half of which should be on the Microsoft Azure platform
• Hands on experience with tool sets related to automation, orchestration and managing cloud infrastructure (terraform, puppet, ansible, Jenkins, etc.)
• Experience with configuring and deploying monitoring tools and troubleshooting in a cloud infrastructure preferably in Microsoft Azure platform to address performance and stability
• Be well versed in Microsoft Azure cloud solutions, architecture, related technologies and their interdependencies
• Strong hands on experience with Cloud based infrastructure and services (systems, network, provisioning, storage, etc)
• Solid understanding of networking concepts and technologies (DNS, load balancing, firewalls, etc.)
Staples is The Worklife Fulfillment Company, helping businesses of all sizes be more productive, connected and inspired. With dedicated account teams, category professionals, innovative brands and a curated product assortment for business, Staples provides customized solutions to help organizations achieve their goals. Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Back to top