Area Sales Manager
The business-to-business division of Staples provides customized service and solutions to our corporate clients. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and continue to thrive in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment. As we continue to expand, we are searching for a District Sales Manager to grow our business to deeper and greater dimensions.
This position is responsible for implementing the appropriate sales strategy to ensure company meets account maintenance goals through the use of the Business Development sales team.
- Coach, mentor and develop sales personnel
- Successfully recruit and train sales personnel
- Assist sales personnel on calls to new accounts
- Prepare proposals, presentations and pricing
- Prepare sales and activity reports, communication & follow up
- Assist in planning annual goals, appraisals, personnel issues
- Distribute performance objectives to meet team objectives for sales, GP and NP
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years successful experience in sales management in a business-to-business selling environment managing a multi-tiered sales organization
- Results oriented, self motivated and driven by both financial and career opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- All core skills and knowledge of the Business Development Associate or Business Development Manager role
- Advanced selling & negotiation skills
- Management skills (mentoring, coaching, counseling) for sales personnel optimization
- High level of business acumen
- Excellent computer skills and technology competence
- Bachelor degree
Staples is The Worklife Fulfillment Company, helping businesses of all sizes be more productive, connected and inspired. With dedicated account teams, category professionals, innovative brands and a curated product assortment for business, Staples provides customized solutions to help organizations achieve their goals. Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Back to top