Description About US
Staples Business Advantage is the contract business to business division of Staples, working with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs with specialized pricing, dedicated account management, and a complete assortment of products and services at a low total delivered cost. In addition to a complete selection of office products, Staples Advantage offers: Business Interiors by Staples, Staples Technology Solutions, Staples Facility Solutions, Staples Print Solutions and Staples Promotional Products.
To learn more about Staples Business Advantage visit us at: www.staplesadvantage.ca
The Account Manager (AM) is responsible for developing relationships, penetrating sales in existing Ship-to locations of Divisional Key, Large, Small and Mid-Market Accounts within a geographic territory. The AM serves as the primary contact for buyers and works together as needed with Sales Manager, Line of Business Product Specialists (such as Facilities, IT, Furniture, Print, Promo) , Customer Service and other company resources to manage the day-to-day relationship. Account Managers also develop new business by reactivating accounts and increase compliance in dormant (or inactive) Ship-to accounts.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manages day-to-day relationship with customer by developing a high value-add relationship with key contact/buyer
- Uncovers and builds relationships with influencers, in order to penetrate deeper into Staples Lines of Business
- Identifies and develops strategy for short-term and long-term sales retention and penetration opportunities, by managing all funnel activity in SFDC
- Coordinates account servicing and fulfillment with support from Customer Service
- Achieve product mix and other L.O.B. targets based on account potential
- Introduce Lines of Business Specialists with key contacts/influencers
- Increase market share within portfolio of accounts through penetration of Line of Business and reactivating inactive accounts
- Conducts regular Performance Business Reviews (PBR's) with all accounts in their book
- Achieve retention and penetration targets in existing and gifted accounts
- Target Segmentation - Assigned accounts, minimum of $15,000 in annual sales potential
- Achieve/exceed all Customer facing activity metrics
- Time Allocation - 60% Customer Time, 40% Non-Customer Time.
- Lead Strategic Account Planning Sessions, and Rapid Rotation meetings on accounts greater than $100,000.00
- Post-secondary education in business related discipline - Diploma or Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years sales experience penetrating or maintaining accounts;
- Previous office product industry experience is helpful.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of telesales and the sales planning process.
- Strong computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite especially Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Salesforce.com and SAVO an asset
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship building skills
- Self-starter, results oriented
- Able to interface internally to the company with tact and diplomacy
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Demonstrates consultative selling skills
- Computer literacy, including above competency in Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills with proven closing ability.
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented with strong administrative follow-up and follow-through
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer and an accommodation will be provided during the hiring process if requested.
Meet Some of Staples's Employees
Ruchi D.Senior Product Manager
Ruchi is leading one of the key strategic initiatives at Staples—the personalization program—a community platform that provides customers with a unique online experience.
Back to top