- Boston, MA
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. With decades of experience to draw upon, we are achieving remarkable success toward our goal of being the best integrated design firm in the world.
Our Workplace Sector is an award winning, globally recognized design leader. We have successfully delivered office facilities leveraging our deep expertise in Architecture, Interior Design and Engineering enriching our clients' work environments. Our passion for our work and our progressive approaches have made us a leader and innovator in office designs.
This is an opportunity to assist in building a robust Workplace Strategy service offering at Stantec, providing this consulting services to corporate end-users and global enterprise level clients.
The Workplace Strategy services at Stantec include real estate strategies assessment, portfolio analysis and planning, data collection and evaluation, health and wellness reviews and human resource strategies, technology integration, cultural assessment and change engagement. The Workplace Strategist for the Workplace Market helps our clients make informed decisions about how they support their people, position their businesses, and manage their assets through their work environments. The objective is to create a dynamic alignment of an organization's work patterns with the work environment to enable peak performance and reduce costs.
As a strategist on Stantec projects, this role participates in business development, marketing and interviews for project assignments as necessary.
On project assignments, this role leads the project team and serves as the main point of contact addressing real estate and facilities, organizational culture and human resources, information solutions in alignment with the client's business strategy. At the conclusion of each project assignment, this role compiles data and results for benchmarking and development of a data base.
This role will report directly to the Sector Leader (SL) for Workplace.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for project pursuits and client relationship management
- Works collaboratively with Sector Leadership and Marketing to secure new clients and new work, including the preparation of proposals, interviews, and presentations
- Directs contract negotiations with clients and consultants, and reviews and approves fee proposals as prepared by the Project Manager
- Leads Project Kick-Off meetings, Visioning Sessions, interviews, focus groups, surveys, and all related workshops to ensure the delivery of a successful program to our clients
- Leads the strategy team throughout the assignment, including review of analytics, qualitative and quantitative data collections
- Responsible for the overall relationship with clients and monitors client satisfaction
- Works collaboratively with office and operational leadership to achieve effective staffing which supports the needs of clients and projects as well as appropriately balances the firm's resources
- Acts as an internal and external ambassador for the firm
- Engages with peer teams in Workplace across the organization on projects where planning and strategy skills are required to deliver best in class workplace strategy and change management programs to our clients
- Engages with Workplace sector leadership across Stantec including participation in biweekly and monthly calls and attending the annual Summit
- Supports and mentors' teams in various office locations
- Responsible for overall project outcomes including financial performance and client satisfaction
- Identifies opportunities for Industry and Community Outreach
- Partners with the Marketing team to develop regional campaign around the Workplace sector for Stantec brand recognition through presentation/speaking opportunities, papers, public relations, awards, etc.
- Contributes to and supports Stantec client satisfaction/survey program
- Monitors and advises on market trends across North America
- Solicits and facilitates sharing of industry knowledge, internally and externally
Identifies/recommends/advocates resources and strategies needed to meet business goals for the following:
- Identify training and professional development opportunities
- Resource gaps
- Strategic partnering with clients, developers, and consultants
- Strategic hires
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, including experience delivering presentations to C-suite teams
- Comfortable with technology tools for virtual collaboration and mobile work
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to develop processes and methodologies to understand and analyze both the quantitative and qualitative aspects of space planning, occupancy and workplace performance for a variety of client organizations
- Proven skills in information gathering and presentation design and delivery
- Excellent project management and team building skills
- Exceptionally strong understanding of the broad Industries in the Workplace market.
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications.
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider
- Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong client relationships
- Must be willing to travel at least 50% of the time
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a professional field required (fields may range from interior design to business planning)
- Master's degree preferred
- 15 years minimum of related experience in interior design, strategic workplace and/or business planning
- Experience managing project implementation and project teams, leading client meetings, and facilitating group meetings
- Experience translating findings into client-specific strategies that address strategic business goals
Typical office environment working with computers for long periods of time. Some travel will be required, must have ability to travel cross border.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Job: Interior Designer
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Texas-Plano, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, United States-California-San Francisco, United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, United States-Colorado-Denver, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-District Of Columbia-Washington
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 20000070
Back to top