Workplace Senior Interior Designer
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us! Your Opportunity We have an exciting opportunity in our Chicago (Michigan Ave), IL office for a Designer of corporate interiors projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Works with the Design Director and project team(s).
- Inspires creativity, critical thought, and design excellence both internally and externally.
- Conceptualizes and develops interior design from both a functional and aesthetic perspective in concert with a client's requirements, budget, and program.
- Participates in development of the program and other pre-design efforts.
- Develops space planning, block planning, and adjacency diagrams in coordination with building program.
- Develops the interior design, material palette and FFE through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats to express the design intent and coordinate with Design Architect.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three dimensional models of interiors and their components.
- Participates in design critiques and pin-ups.
- Presents the interior design to stakeholders.
- Works with outside consultants to coordinate drawings sets.
- Ensures design complies with building codes, ADA guidelines and LEED per project type and requirements.
- Evaluates and selects interior systems and materials, finishes and fixtures.
- Integrates room signage, wayfinding, and branding into design concepts.
- Coordinates building systems to ensure compatibility with the design intent and implements sustainable design principles.
- Develops interior design in accordance with cost parameters and ensures interior design intent is maintained through documentation and construction.
- Completes FFE scope tasks from design and selection through bid, coordinating with specific client and project needs.
- Adherence to Stantec's required QA/QC process, including design reviews
- Demonstrates a commitment to the profession and the firm.
- Participates in business development and marketing efforts.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient knowledge of both interior architecture and design principles, materials and execution.
- Ability to work in a team environment with good collaboration skills.
- Excellent presentation abilities, including ability to present abstract ideas to the client.
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch up, Photoshop, Illustrator, and inDesign required. Additional 3D computer design programs a plus.
- Hand sketching a plus.
- Knowledge of local material resources.
- Must be able to provide examples of your conceptual design process.
Your Education and Experience 7-10years' professional experience in design of corporate interiors projects.
Professional credential (RA, NCDIQ, ASID) preferred
Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of design.
Note: Please include work samples in your application in order to be considered for this position
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top