The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us! Your Opportunity We have an exciting opportunity in our Chicago (Michigan Ave), IL office for a Workplace Interior Designer of corporate interiors projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Works with the Design Director(s) and project team (s) on conceptual designs, presentations, design development, and production.
- Develops interior design in accordance with cost parameters and ensures interior design intent is maintained through documentation and construction.
- Resolves complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions.
- Produces graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings.
- Coordinates with consultants, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Assists in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
- Contributes to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs.
- Leads design presentations to clients.
- Advocates and inspires creativity, critical thought, and design excellence both internally and externally.
- Supports Business Development activities, including marketing proposals, interview, conference attendance, etc.
- Acts as a mentor, teacher, and coach to design staff with goal of growing and guiding them through their careers.
- Evaluates the quality of design and design activities, and assures a high level of design quality throughout the firm.
- Implementation of and adherence to Stantec's required QA/QC process, including design reviews.
- Develops and implements firm's brand, image, marketing collateral and business collateral.
- Oversees and participates in production of design award submissions.
- Engages staff in dialogue on design, ensures design process is followed and influences usage of technological tools.
- Acts as a vehicle for the delivery of firm's message on design. Expresses philosophy of the work with appropriate vocabulary.
- Identifies and directs project photography, written descriptions, and other media in support of building the firm's portfolio.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to problem solve both individually and as a part of a project team.
- Knowledge of programming and workplace initiatives taking place in the industry.
- Proficient in furniture specifications.
- Proficiency in the use of 2D/3D software, including Revit, AutoCAD, 3D Studio MAX, Sketchup, PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator. Understanding of 3D Studio Max and InDesign is a plus.
- Hand sketching to convey ideas quickly and clearly
- Extended knowledge of materials, construction techniques, and building codes.
- Strong client engagement and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas.
Education and Experience 3-5years minimum of experience on architecture projects-Commercial Office Building and Corporate Campus experience required.
Bachelors' Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or related field.
State Licensure and LEED accreditation is a plus.
RESUME MUST BE ACCOMPANIED WITH A PORTFOLIO OR SAMPLES OF WORK IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Back to top